Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Registered Member

they really need some promotion to the game, and reviews from more sites like gamespot and 1up. It shouldnt cost too much to do a decent web promotion on a few high traffic sites like penny arcade, gamespot.... maybe megatokyo or some other webcomic idealy about games
Old 10-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Approved Member

One reason why it isn't selling in Canada is that it doesn't appear to be available anywhere. I've tried Future shop, Best Buy and Electronics Boutique, none had it.

The guy I talked to at ElBo said they had quite a few calls about the game. They wouldn't let me order it, even though it was in their ordering system. So no surprise why it isn't selling - people are interested in it but can't buy it.

Unless I can buy the boxed version, I don't think I will buy it. Does anyone know of a retailer who has it in Canada (Vancouver preferably)?
Old 11-02-2008, 01:03 AM
Approved Member

I finally managed to track down a copy at the second Electronics Boutique I checked (after waiting weeks after the release date).

Future Shop and Best Buy, our main game retailers still don't stock it.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:03 AM
Approved Member

I bought a copy at Gamespot yesterday. It was the last (or only?) copy they had! This game is definitely not getting the publicity it deserves.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Approved Member

I just got my latest copy of PC GAMER magazine there not one word about King's Bounty . I lost a lot of respect for them for not covering KB, seems they only cover games that buy advertisment in their magazine. I am writing a letter to ask why this is so. Feel free to express how you feel to them also.

Have to give props to Circuit City , they are the only big box store that has KB on the shelf.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stever717 View Post
I just got my latest copy of PC GAMER magazine there not one word about King's Bounty . I lost a lot of respect for them for not covering KB, seems they only cover games that buy advertisment in their magazine. I am writing a letter to ask why this is so. Feel free to express how you feel to them also.
Yes, but Desslock has done a preview of the game in a previous issue and it's been one of his "5 games I'm playing" for two months. Also, if you read the blurb on the last page about the next issue, it sounds like the review will be in there. It'll be the Holiday issue too, which may be a good place to have a review of KB.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Registered Member

If i made the game, I would have put it on the consoles and sold it in japan also. These types of games seem much more popular on console.
Either way steam has what 17 million users? They put the game on the front page and do the pop up saying they have a new game out, that's a lot of advertising and possible sales. I buy from steam a fair bit, i buy stuff i wouldn't have normally brought.

I only knew about kings bounty because of metacritic and i go through all the games, before that i had heard nothing about it, still the only thing i've heard is a post on the forum i visit, which has low replies and interest but praise for the game from those who did post.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganjatron View Post
It's Atari right? Look at The Witcher, which was an awesome game IMHO. They don't know how to market the products.
Witcher made the enhanced edition (good marketing) which drove interest to the game, it made top 10 sales lists etc and while the advertising and talk about enhanced edition was going around.
It was also released to steam and got onto the shelves in game store once again, people were trying to buy witcher before the enhanced edition because it was a download and didn't make a difference, but stores didn't have it, but the stores did indeed have the enhanced edition a few weeks later when it was released.
It's sold over a million copies, not a failure at all for a pc only game.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsMonsterX View Post
Yes, but Desslock has done a preview of the game in a previous issue and it's been one of his "5 games I'm playing" for two months. Also, if you read the blurb on the last page about the next issue, it sounds like the review will be in there. It'll be the Holiday issue too, which may be a good place to have a review of KB.
NelsMonsterX yes your right to point out Desslock is the only one that made any reference to KB and I must have missed the preview by him. Also the Holiday issue is the is the one I was referring to.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:33 PM
Registered Member

PC Gamer has not really been worth a shit for quite a few years now..