Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Vietnam

Men of War: Vietnam A new title in the world-known Men of War real-time tactics game series

Old 10-01-2011, 06:13 AM
Registered Member

Hey there! Do anyone know how to fix the helicopters?
Old 10-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Approved Member

Spray, any ideas how I can fix the crash when I click on viet troops in the editor? As I mentioned before, the US troops seem to be fine now its just the Viet troops that give me issues. If I get this fixed all will be good!

Thanks!
Old 10-02-2011, 06:50 AM
Registered Member

Default buddha object ?

Where are the buddha objects in MOW;V editor ?

Last edited by t_rockro; 10-04-2011 at 01:49 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force10 View Post
Spray, any ideas how I can fix the crash when I click on viet troops in the editor? As I mentioned before, the US troops seem to be fine now its just the Viet troops that give me issues. If I get this fixed all will be good!

Thanks!
All you have to do is delete your gem vietnam folder, and start over using spray's instruction (link on page 3).. Because spray just updated few new steps and most importantly, the patch.. I solved the crash on infantry, map, chopper and vietnam building by doing this... Now the issue i got is that the chopper wont take off vertically like we saw in the game..
Old 10-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by commie_b View Post
All you have to do is delete your gem vietnam folder, and start over using spray's instruction (link on page 3).. Because spray just updated few new steps and most importantly, the patch.. I solved the crash on infantry, map, chopper and vietnam building by doing this... Now the issue i got is that the chopper wont take off vertically like we saw in the game..

I actually did start over and it did fix everything EXCEPT viet troops so I have no idea whats going on.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:54 AM
Approved Member

Hey guys, I am going quickly address some of problems people have mentioned with MoW:V GEM editor.

Helicopters do not behave correctly inside editor.
This has to do with modifications in the MoW engine. I don't think there is anything that can be done to fix this. All that I know is that people seem to have better luck with helis using the MoW editor rather than MoW:AS editor.

MoW:AS editor does not work with my patch/workarounds.
I used the original MoW for my patch/workarounds. I have not tested them with MoW:AS GEM editor. Those have had success with MoW:AS GEM editor, let me know the steps you took to get it working.

General editor crashes when playing missions.
Due to additions to MoW:V engine, missions should not be played from within the editor. Create and edit inside GEM, debug and playtest with the game.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Registered Member

Default Editing game missions

Spray

Apologies if my question in my previous post didn't make sense, but what I was basically saying was that the Editor was crashing whenever I try to load one of the original game missions.

Is it not possible to edit any of the games original missions in the editor?

Whatever the answer, thanks anyway as I have been having success making my own missions and editing DCG generated missions too. I have always prefered playing DCG skirmish missions anyway (with both forces set to AI by the editor it gets rid of those anoying floating health bars, which has always spoiled the realism of MOW games for me).

Regards

LN
Old 10-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Registered Member

One more thing though, I also can't add the sky (f3 then f6)on my map. I mean the vietnam sky was there and also clickable but when i click it, my whole map become foggy and i can't even see the landscape... Anybody experiencing same problem?? Thanks...
Old 10-04-2011, 09:53 AM
Registered Member

Commie

I experienced this to start with.

To fix, you need to disable 'Haze'. F6 takes you to environment settings, double click next to 'enable' under haze.

Regards

LN
Old 10-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Registered Member

File modification in a helicopter, I did not understand what I have to change, someone might already modified the file for download?