Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 12-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Approved Member

Default some MAJOR patch?

Dear devs,

I was just wondering wether there ever will come a senseable patch for this game or a quick redo of the gameplay? Since even after the patches this game is still very bad. The difficulty varies way to much on islands.

By this I mean the first 4 islands are somewhat doable although repetetive it was somewhat of a challenge due to the LACK of unit selection(which is another bad thing) But as soon as you finish the 4 starting islands the game is just ridicoulously easy. Making this game not really fun to play again after you finished it. So my advice would be to REDO the difficulty on these islands after the first 4 make it a little bit harder

Second Why are some races just put back to the backyard? With this I mean ofcourse the undead and the lizards and to some extent also the demons. This game is very horrible for those army setups making the game less fun due to less choices you can have. Especially in the beginning forcing a low level viking army. This game highly favorites humans and if you choose them it's a piece of cake to do anything no loss. ( plain example of 2 units needed runemage+paladins)

Third was there ever any serious thoughts in making the units balanced? Some units are HEAVILY overpowered, while others are just very inferior. Also on a side note of that what happenend with some units abilities? Some bugs were there even in KB:TL and still exist in this game. Haven't you learned already?:O

Fourth When will mrsshan swaps open up and the second part of demonis? How hard is it to do to get a way through there?

Fith I would like to see theme based combat variations on the map. With this I mean like in KB:AP demonis was 80% demons undead island was 80% undead and orcland was 80& orc the wandering stacks ofcourse. In this game is seems way more variated and less theme based which is in term less good IMHO

Sixth Is there any chance for a bit better AI I mean it's really laughable when my real stack of BD only has 50 health left and they rather attack a weak summoned stack and kill that

If the devs could answer some of these questions. Since I'm not very in the mood to do another runthrough of this game I rather play KB:AP or KB:TL

Thanks in advance,

Razorflame
Old 12-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Approved Member

Rumor has it that they aren't going to touch balance.

Also, they aren't going to unlock the other stuff considering the current stuff is still semi-bugged for now (although seems semi-stable).

Demons are pretty good actually. So are bone dragons.

From a business perspective, you probably aren't going to see these major changes except in an expansion pack.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Approved Member

I don't see why they have to balance the units. There are supposed to be bad units and good units, it's up to you if you want to use them or not (I do agree that rune mages are ridiculous though)
Old 12-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquemada View Post
I don't see why they have to balance the units. There are supposed to be bad units and good units, it's up to you if you want to use them or not (I do agree that rune mages are ridiculous though)

Balanced is part of a so called "strategy" game.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklegionary View Post
Balanced is part of a so called "strategy" game.
Lol what kind of strategy games have you been playing? World of warcraft?

It's a single player game dude, who the **** cares about balance?

The best "strategy" games, as you seem to think KB is, were not known for their well 'balanced' units.
Yeah I had a really hard time enjoying Dune II when I was a kid because the Harkonnen had Annihilation tanks, or Atreides had the only offensive air units. Give me a break.

Last edited by torquemada; 12-11-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Approved Member

Balance is part of making the game enjoyable. Who wants to play a game where the 80% is a cake walk. Historically not much funds have gone into patches so i personally don't expect much of an update; but it would be nice....
Old 12-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake21 View Post
Balance is part of making the game enjoyable. Who wants to play a game where the 80% is a cake walk. Historically not much funds have gone into patches so i personally don't expect much of an update; but it would be nice....
Thats not what I'm talking about, I'm talking about units. The difficulty should be balanced without a doubt.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:10 PM
Approved Member

Totally Agree with Razorflame,
Especially the difficulty decrease after the 4 Islands. and Distinctively pointing out how the Hero battles are ridiculously easy.

I think that the greatness of Armored Princes was how perfectly balanced it was. This one starts too hard and the mid game is too easy
Old 12-26-2012, 01:37 PM
Approved Member

Yea I'm further into the game and I have to say it is rather easy. This is my first game (playing warriro impossible). At the start I was a bit unsure if I was going to be have issues on impossible (definitely not no-loss) but since I arrived in old greenworth (sp) it has been extremely easy. Not too sure how far I am - just cleared new kodar (sp). i think there is one undisovered island (riftxxxx) left. I guess mages might be the weakest class so if I play a second time I'll try them. My 'days' is off and total quests is definitely goign to be off (I lost a few uncompleted quest after defeating demons). Also i think they over did the quests that require lots of traveling back and forth (too many of them; esp if you don[t place markers for the quest givers - since many of them are unmarked on the map).
-
Other than some of the quest structures and extreme lack of balance the only other real complaint is too many crashes (i started the game after the last steam patch); 95% of the crashes I get are the 'hang' type where the computer is making a turn and the hour glass comes up on the cursior but after 5 or 10 minutes the move is never made (haven't check cpu usage to see if it is in an infinite loop but I suspect it is). I do get a few crash to desktop but those have not been very frequent. Hum. Oh well historically patches are very slow or non-existance after the first couple of immediate 'fix this' patches so I'm not expecting much but maybe we'll be lucky this time around and there will be some additional real patches in a month or two.
-
I have mix feelings iwt the game. I think they went to a lot of effort in the world development and the game is fairly long but I think they over did a lot of things esp the new spell class and the bugs are quite annoying. Also the game seems less cohesive than the first (which I still think is the best from a story perspective; the second game had probably the best overall mechanics).

Quote:
Originally Posted by iregev View Post
Totally Agree with Razorflame,
Especially the difficulty decrease after the 4 Islands. and Distinctively pointing out how the Hero battles are ridiculously easy.

I think that the greatness of Armored Princes was how perfectly balanced it was. This one starts too hard and the mid game is too easy
Old 12-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Approved Member

Balance is generally less important for purely singleplayer games than multiplayer ones. Every game in the series so far had issues with it but WotN really goes overboard with it. Its especially weird considering they seem to have put a lot of thought into making the Viking units somewhat balanced (by making the Soothsayer's healing a lot worse than the Inquisitor...) yet we have the Runemage as the most OP / Exploitable unit the game has ever seen... and they were already pretty good in AP.