Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Battle mode

Battle mode Strategy, hints, questions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2009, 08:51 AM
Approved Member

Hey folks, thanks again for your further assistance.

@Elwin: That setup of Haas' you faced is the major key here. With that setup I wouldn't have the least of doubt to finish without losses, even beforen turn 6. As you already suspected, the stack number and size of blacks are decisive. A stack of 14 blacks would die in a single Dragon Arrow shot. Doubled in number and split into 4 stacks the scenario changes massively to the disadvantage of our setup (as loreangelicus said, our troops are identical ). But in fact, the weakest link are the Hunters. That's why I dumped them.

@loreangelicus: Ya, I was ofc aware of the mechanics, just didn't assume that enemy heros follow the rules the same way :>
You're ofc right about the archer mechanics but "range is the only defense I need" so to speak is not the reason for me using Skeleton Archers. 95% of reasons is their damage. I wouldn't hesitate a second if they were melee with the same hp and def and still use them (assumed there was a dragon arrows for melee ^^).

And no, I don't miss the fact that the girls' damage is mostly magic based, especially with dagger+whip. But as Arillian said: the damage that goes through is still larger than that of most other melee units. My Sprites/LFs kill 2-3 Blacks with a non critical. And as long as there are Bone Dragons, Giants and Ents they go for them anyway. In skirmishes I often killed Black Dragons with them. Not a big deal :>
As for the inquisitors, I thought about reactivating them as well. Used them for Darion, Freedom Isles, Kordar and again in the Land Of The Dead. But I came to the conclusion that a) I don't have the spell/turn left for Gift b) as you said they are being focused mostly and die c) their damage is useless.

Still didn't have the time to retry. Was pretty busy these days (wtb weekend :< ). I'll report the outcome asap.