Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 12-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Approved Member

Default IL2Coop: A co-op lobby for IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

Edit:

Here we go:
Download: http://code.google.com/p/il2coop/downloads/list
User's Guide: http://code.google.com/p/il2coop/wiki/UserGuide

Simply unzip the archive somewhere below the user missions folder (e.g. "C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Multi\Co-Op"). Load the mission, start the battle and choose a army.
You are placed into a dummy aircraft. By default the dummys are some Blenheims and Heinkels without guns and fuel, just in case some idiots try to start a riot while waiting for the mission start . If you like you can edit the IL2Coop.mis within the FMB to choose different aircraft types.

Now you can open the mission order menu and select a mission. Use menu entry 8 or 9 to scroll the list.
After a mission was selected you can select an aircraft and position (pilot, gunner, ...). Again use menu entry 8 and 9 to scroll the list.
Now you can start the mission.

Client players only can select an aircraft and position.

Known issues:
- I'm not sure if it is working for clients already, there was no one around to test it
- Not all dummy aircrafts are destroyed when mission is started
- So far I didn't convert the group and aircraft names to more pretty text.
- The army selection doesn't influence the list of available aircrafts. This means you can choose RAF but can select a LW aircraft for the mission.

Source code of course in the archive but also available online here: http://code.google.com/p/il2coop/sou...oop/IL2Coop.cs

Initial post before edit:

Ok I have an idea.

It is not possible to build a ingame COOP GUI ourself at the moment (really I know what I'm talking about). But it would be possible to create a web-base coop lobby that allows users to register for one of the aircrafts of the mission and that will force the user into that aircraft once the mission is loaded and the player is connected.

Here's how it goes:

1. The host has to upload the mission file to a web service (via browser). The web service parses the mission file and creates a coop lobby for this mission that shows all available aircraft.
2. Users can access this lobby via browser (the host has to distribute the url of the lobby) and register their steam-callsign to one of the aircrafts.
3. When everyone has registered the host gets a .cs script from the web service that contains all necessary scripting to force the user with the particular steam callsign into the registered aircraft.
4. The host has to place the .cs file into the folder with the mission file.
5. The host then opens the server and loads the mission.
6. The users connect and are forced into their aircraft by the script.
Option: The host loads a dummy map until all users connected, he then post-loads the actual mission. Again the script forces all connected users into their aircraft. This guarantees that the mission is in it's initial state.

I'm open for sugguestions.

Last edited by 41Sqn_Banks; 12-22-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Sqn_Banks View Post

I'm open for suggestions. I will start working on it if the next patch doesn't solve the coop issue on the large BOB map.
Thank you for suggesting help with this.

Is such a web service available or who will maintain it? I am sure hosts will not bother finding or creating such a service because everyone in this thread wants an easy solution.

I have 2 suggestions if you do not mind:
1) in case such a web service is easily available (it can work only if there is one central service for everyone like HL was imo)
Can the procedure you described be automated? I.e. host loads his main mission via TAB-4 menu like in Mission Loader here http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28056 . Players can connect to the host at the same time. Then host loads actual COOP submission. The mission script itself does all the rest (contacts web service, etc.) E.g. stillborn's statistics is uploaded to a server by his mission automatically (web-address end password are included into the script).

2) no web service
Maybe it would be much less complicated just to improve naryv's coop script to meet all the demands mentioned above. Yes, there will be no GUI, but it can be still easier then going to a web-service every time before starting a mission .
It is possible to make naryv's script more user friendly I think, e.g:
- not force players into an unwanted aircraft (actually place them into it but then remove them from it next second)
- make plane selection in menu more logical and simple: fighter/bomber, type, location, mission type, etc. But not airgroup long-names like in naryv's example.
- maybe combine the script with the Mission Loader mentioned above. A host will just have to put all coop missions into a specific folder. Actually such a script with a set of coop missions can be installed on a dedicated server and players themselves will select/vote which coop to fly next. Community can create a mission library for such servers.
- include briefing and debriefing functionality

The only issue with naryv's script I see is it has no support or clear readme because it is only an initial example that needs to be improved further. That is why it frightens some players/hosts. If you could improve it, it will have much more credibility and trust.

Can some sort of a coop script become a part of your DCE online mode?

edit: It would be great if squads can join a server running your DCE and select a coop to fly through the menu. Coops may be scheduled to every 30 minutes to have more people participating in each one.
Small_Bee plans to add ordering bomber missions possibility for fighter squads into his R1 mission. Probably the opposing side will have some intel on incoming flight and can launch an intercept mission. This is better than strictly limited coop in old IL-2 style imo. I prefer WWII Online system when officers (experienced players) post missions (coops if you like) in a dogfight server environment and players can select which mission (coop) to join within the server itself.

Last edited by Ataros; 12-16-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Approved Member

Oh wow, didn't think about that. Improving navyrs coop script would be even easier.

The host has to load the "coop lobby mission". There the host can preselect the mission he want's to open via the TAB-4 menu (the script offers all folders and missions within the regular "missions" folder).

Now the connecting clients are forced into a dummy aircraft that is part of the "coop lobby mission" where they can choose their aircraft for the preselected mission via the TAB-4 menu.

When everyone is ready the host then loads the preselected mission via the TAB-4 menu.

The script post-loads the mission and forces the users into the aircraft they have selected.

It would be very easy to set up: The host only has to have the "coop lobby mission", which he only needs to download once. No scripting required for the host.

I thinks thats the way to go. It should be possible to create a "coop lobby mission" in a few hours of work.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:56 AM
Approved Member

Excellent bumping of heads happening! "Proceed"
AMD 1055T Hexacore@3,4GHz - 2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3 - ATI 6950 2GB, flashed to 6970 shaders - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit - 30" LG W3000H (2560x1600) - TM Warthog Stick + Cougar Throttle - wooden DIY pedals with Hall sensor - FreeTrack

Last edited by Untamo; 12-16-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I thinks thats the way to go. It should be possible to create a "coop lobby mission" in a few hours of work.
Great! Thank you very much!
Old 12-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Approved Member

I just did a successful test of the lobby mission. It's not finished though, I need to handle large amounts of mission files and aircrafts as the TAB+4 menu is limited to 10 entries.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Approved Member

Ok almost done. Works very nice so far.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Ok almost done. Works very nice so far.
keep us posted! I know alot of folks that would kiss you for this!!
Old 12-17-2011, 11:52 PM
Approved Member

Here we go: http://code.google.com/p/il2coop/downloads/list

Simply unzip the archive somewhere below the user missions folder (e.g. "C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Multi\Co-Op"). Load the mission, start the battle and choose a army.
You are placed into a dummy aircraft. By default the dummys are some Blenheims and Heinkels without guns and fuel, just in case some idiots try to start a riot while waiting for the mission start . If you like you can edit the IL2Coop.mis within the FMB to choose different aircraft types.

Now you can open the mission order menu and select a mission. Use menu entry 8 or 9 to scroll the list.
After a mission was selected you can select an aircraft and position (pilot, gunner, ...). Again use menu entry 8 and 9 to scroll the list.
Now you can start the mission.

Client players only can select an aircraft and position.

Known issues:
- I'm not sure if it is working for clients already, there was no one around to test it
- Not all dummy aircrafts are destroyed when mission is started
- So far I didn't convert the group and aircraft names to more pretty text.
- The army selection doesn't influence the list of available aircrafts. This means you can choose RAF but can select a LW aircraft for the mission.

Source code of course in the archive but also available online here: http://code.google.com/p/il2coop/sou...oop/IL2Coop.cs

Last edited by 41Sqn_Banks; 12-18-2011 at 01:39 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:53 AM
Approved Member

Thank you, must have missed the list

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...18&postcount=1
Quote:
Ready Room Check (0.1.0.5)
Clients
1. Select aircraft Check (0.1.0.5)
2. Arm aircraft
3. Ready up Check (0.1.0.6)

Host sees clients Check (0.1.0.6)
1. Selected aircraft Check (0.1.0.5)
2. Ready status Check (0.1.0.6)
3. Launch mission (start battle) when all ready. Check (0.1.0.5)

With the proviso.
All aircraft ready for take off as mission is launched with All pilots starting at the same time. Check (0.1.0.5)

Debriefing Room
1. Pilots mission results points or shared kills.
2. Pilots status , captured landed killed etc etc
3. Mission results territory or red/blue won

Close mission

Also the option to reload a mission without closing the Coop Server, all the Mission Load does is continue the current mission. Check (0.1.0.5)
I'd like to add:

- Read Mission briefing
- Host can kick client

Last edited by 41Sqn_Banks; 12-18-2011 at 01:46 AM.