Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > 7,62

7,62 Tactical action game, sequel to Brigade E5

Old 09-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Approved Member

Yeah true, but the last Jingo's mission was exactly that: go to this place, talk to the guy, come back and tell me what he said. Seemed like poor scripting to me. If you're supposed to have a fight there why aren't they hostile immediatly upon entry and you "retrieve" the item from the guys cold dead hand...

I just wanted to know it wasn't because I'd taken stuff from the boxes or entered a room I wasn't supposed to and didn't break the whole next chain of missions.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:35 PM
Approved Member

Badbru, coincidentally, I just finished the Jingo "Truce" mission today. I assume that's the "last Jingo mission" you're talking about in this thread, which seems to have changed topic a bit.

SPOILER ALERT! I've searched for how to hide spoiler text. No Joy. Can someone refresh my memory? In the meantime, I'll space the following text down so if someone doesn't want to know, they can avoid READING it.
POSSIBLE SPOILER:
The "peace negotiator" told us to come over to talk to him. I ignorned him in order to tactically depoying my mercs. Nothing happened while I was doing this. My mercs were able to walk around freely as long nobody got too close to the "peace negotiator". We even planted a few mines on approaches to our positions, where the Jings couldn't see me!

As soon as one of my mercs got within a few meters of the "negotiator", the Js went hostile. After the battle ended, I got the same instructions to report back to Billy Bob.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:35 AM
Approved Member

Re-reading my last post it may be confusing. I have no problem with the last Jingos "Truce" mission. There was text/speach from the negotiator saying "Ah I see you have Rob Yu with you, this changes everything." Thus, well scripted and an obvious reason why there is no fight there and it turns into another Fed ex mission. That one is all good.

The Tang mission however starts the same, in that you can go to the location, walk around, look in boxes etc etc no problem... you go find Jose and talk to him, also no problem you say "Tang sent me to get something"
and Jose says "Sure here it is." so you take it turn to walk off and he shoots you in the back. This gave me a WTF moment. I thought I'd done something to turn them hostile and, because I couldn't see a reason in the verbal exchange for them to go hostile I thought it was going to be another Fed ex mission. If it's not, I can't see a reason why they're not hostile from the moment you enter?

I hope I've not derailed the thread because in a way I'm still talking about how missions resolve themselves.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:34 PM
Registered Member

Alright everyone... I seem to be stuck on the mission where Rebenga has you go to Ciduad del Oro to lay waste to the rebels and indigenous resistance group. As soon as I accept the mission, I stop over in Sagrada to stock up on munitions, and all of the federal police want to kill me!

The same thing happens when I'm actually in Ciduad del Oro - as soon as the I enter and the battle starts, I'm attacked by the federal police scattered around the town. Consequently, I blow them all away and after hours of obliterating everyone, I make my way back up to report to Rebenga, only to be attacked by the cops as soon as I enter the sector.

Anyone else encounter this problem?
Old 10-11-2011, 11:25 PM
Approved Member

Yes, this happened to me after I cleared CdO. I think that during the battle against 63 enemies, a grenade or two got a police man or guardia. When I initially got the mission, I didn't stop anywhere, so I don't know if I would have had the problem before the battle.

There's a thread on this forum about buying Amnesty from Calderon. I bought one to get on the government's good side, then rebels ($100K). Now I can go anywhere until I choose sides.