Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > 7,62

7,62 Tactical action game, sequel to Brigade E5

Old 10-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Approved Member

The new version is now released. Keep in mind that since there are some new weapons added a new install is needed.

Have fun

R@S
Old 10-26-2009, 08:32 AM
Approved Member

Quick question about the "reinstall" part. The only modification I have made to the game on top of the default installation is to copy the files over from the unofficial patch.

So I still need to fully uninstall and then reinstall the game?
Old 10-27-2009, 09:12 AM
Approved Member

Nah, if you have no other mods or files installed you only need to copy the mod files over to your game directory. But if you encounter any weird graphics in the shop inventories you need to deleta all *.dds files in your RenderedItems folder.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:50 AM
Approved Member

Mod has been running great up until today. Went to SM to take a mission, and when I open the options menu the screen is all black. This happened after I talked to a weapons dealer and some of the screen that is normally black was white instead. Some kind of graphics problem.

I have quit the game and reloaded it, but the main menu is still showing up all black and I can't see any of the options buttons to click on. Is this a known issue, or is there a possible fix to the problem? I'm running 1280x1024 res. I will try changing it to see if that helps.

I have also noticed a problem with one of the missions. The bob in the harbor gave me a mission to find a Book of Koans. I looked everywhere for it, didn't find anything. After the mission said I couldn't find it in the log I talked with him again and somehow it gave him the book and mission completed. I had no item to give him, and there was nothing to tell me when or if I had found it.

Now he wants 12 missing pages of the same book, and I'm lost again at where to look or what I'm even looking for. I've been to every possible location that I'm capable of going to, and I have searched every crate, car, or box in every location and still nothing. Are those quests bugged?

Overall, getting around those few bugs, the mod is doing ok. I like the modifications to the weapons especially, it's nice having more realistic ranges and damage values. I have only seen a few of the new weapons, but I'm also only on level 4 so I expect to see more soon. I was a bit disappointed to see some of the normal items missing from the crates in the base, but I'm sure I'll make due.

Good job so far, and I hope the graphical bug can be resolved so I can get back to playing.

EDIT: I tried loading it again, still same issues. 1280x1024 and 1280x960 keep showing black main menu. 1024x768 shows the menus fine, but the shop window has the original graphic bug. 800x600 runs fine, both the menus and the shop windows work normally, but that graphic setting is too low for me and looks like crap.

Last edited by Ninja2dan; 10-29-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:20 PM
Approved Member

About the black screens, you should've set all the TGA files in your gamedir\BMP\HUD\ sub-folders to read only. Then you wouldn't have had this problem. What you need to do is back-up your save files, uninstall the game. Then re-install it and put back yout old save files.

It has come to my attention that there are some issues with the source code for the 0.7 version. I'll try to have a fix uploaded sometime this weekend.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:30 PM
Registered Member

Hey, guys. This looks like a really great mod, but I have one questions: Is it possible for me to add the G36KE back in? I really, REALLY like that gun, and it was a sore blow to see it taken off (I assume this has a reason though, maybe?)

Also... I would like to be able to modify the Mercenaries' names and maybe stats, something I have been entirely unable to do. How do you guys do it?

Anyways, yeah, I'm kindof a newbie here, so... yeah. I'd appreciate help, but I understand if you guys have more important stuff to do than bother with me. =p

(Also, just started a game, is there a reason I start with no weapon now?)

Last edited by Aderas; 11-22-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:37 AM
Approved Member

Hey Aderas

The reason the G36E was removed was because the game has a weapon limit, there can only be 255 weapons total. We added the AG36 as a replacement and you still have the G36KE and the G36. The G36E was just as good as the G36 but with the 1.5x scope instead of the 3.5x. If you want a G36E, buy a G36 and put a 1.5 scope on it

The mercenaries names and stats can be changed in their ini files found in the ActorsINI folder. To change their ingame name just edit the first line, the Name "New_Name" and you're good to go. Their skills and stats are pretty self explanatory:p

So, starting with no equipment is part of an effort to make the game a little harder and more fun. I always felt that you got your hands on weapons too early and that made it too easy. Now you have to work for your weapons. Talk to one of the hookers in Puerto Viejo, she'll give you a quest that gives you your first gun. In the next release there'll be a completely revamped economy and changed levels for weapons.

And I've forgotten to add a link to a fix in this forum, it adds a new mission along with some fixes, like adding the .357 deagle to the shops.

The B.F.X. Mod v 0.7 beta Fix 1

R@S
Old 11-23-2009, 12:02 PM
Registered Member

Oh, very good point! Thank you very much, I guess I'd assumed the G36KE and G36E were the same, but that makes more sense. =p Thanks!

And also, thank you very much for telling me about the INI there, but I can't seem to find some of the Mercs, like Spartan and Dimwit and such. I assume they're there somewhere, right?

Edit; Ahah! I found it. Searching the ActorsINI for 'Mercenary' shows all the mercenaries, or at least the default ones. There's a total of 32 files with Mercenary in it, one of which is 'Player7' for some reason. So I believe that answers my question for the most part, thank you again!

Edit2; I have another question, actually... in the Mercenary files, there are a few stats that don't seem to apply in game, and most of them are labeled 0 anyways, except one. They are LRK, TMP, LED, CHA, & TRD, with STH having a value. I can't seem to figure out what these are... do you guys know?

Edit3: Erm... another problem. I'm doing the first stuff, just got my first gun, and am trying to do the shootout with the four bandits. For some reason though, it seems to crash every so often while trying it (Which is pretty difficult- always seem to get shot in the head by that last fellow) so it's a bit inconvenient. I haven't modified anything in the game yet, so I don't think I did anything wrong.

Edit4: Alright, LAST question, then I'll cool it for a while. =p How does one go about editing the portraits and models of characters, as well as their background and what they say? I realize that these things are much more complicated, but I have a fellow here willing to modify the models for me for a special game I'm going to be running, and we need to figure out how. The editing of what the mercs say, I imagine, would be a matter of making new .wav files and editing the SUBTITLES config, right? Anyways, thanks again for the help, guys. If I can figure out how to work all this stuff I'd be willing to help you guys with your mod if you need the help. I would also like to edit how much they cost, and maybe scale their weapon loadouts and costs to the current CGL level, but I'm not sure how to go about either.

Last edited by Aderas; 11-25-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderas View Post
Edit2; I have another question, actually... in the Mercenary files, there are a few stats that don't seem to apply in game, and most of them are labeled 0 anyways, except one. They are LRK, TMP, LED, CHA, & TRD, with STH having a value. I can't seem to figure out what these are... do you guys know?
LRK and TMP are a mystery for me too. but LED is Leadership, CHA is charisma, TRD is Trade and STH is Stealth.

Quote:
Edit3: Erm... another problem. I'm doing the first stuff, just got my first gun, and am trying to do the shootout with the four bandits. For some reason though, it seems to crash every so often while trying it (Which is pretty difficult- always seem to get shot in the head by that last fellow) so it's a bit inconvenient. I haven't modified anything in the game yet, so I don't think I did anything wrong.
Is this the Fakirov ambush by the school bus? Or is it the Paquito mission in Santa-Maria?

Quote:
Edit4: Alright, LAST question, then I'll cool it for a while. =p How does one go about editing the portraits and models of characters, as well as their background and what they say? I realize that these things are much more complicated, but I have a fellow here willing to modify the models for me for a special game I'm going to be running, and we need to figure out how. The editing of what the mercs say, I imagine, would be a matter of making new .wav files and editing the SUBTITLES config, right? Anyways, thanks again for the help, guys. If I can figure out how to work all this stuff I'd be willing to help you guys with your mod if you need the help. I would also like to edit how much they cost, and maybe scale their weapon loadouts and costs to the current CGL level, but I'm not sure how to go about either.
First off, the portraits. They can be found in one of the AZP packs, in the \BMP\Hud\FACES and \BMP\Hud\LARGEFACES folders in those archives. If you don't know how to open or extract those, here's a link on how to make it simple: Link will be supplied later, the site is unavailable atm, sorry

As for the Character models, those are much more complicated. You need to familiarize yourself with how the structure work in their individual \Actors\Monsters\*.azp files. There is an *.ACT file for various variants for the model, like model for head, body, with helmet, armor and so on. Some of these *.act files is in binary format so you need to use a binary editor if you're going to use a different name for the new textures.
Once you've figured that out you need to find the texture for that specific model located in the \Media\Actors folder in one of the AZP archives.

New mercenary comments are hard coded and a bit trickier, you need to make replace function of their comment phrases in the source code and compile those in a new mod. Once that is done you can edit the subtitles file to use the new wav files if you made any.

Merc prices are also hard coded, but you can use the outsourcedini mod from the BFX mod to make it simple. In the ini folder there is an ini file by that name where you can edit those values.

To alter the characters inventories, use the built-in inventory editor. just open their *.inv files located in the InventoryINI folder and go crazy. To start the inv editor, make sure you have the fixed 1024 TGA's installed that somes with the patch and edit the shortcut to say something like "D:\Games\7.62\E6.exe" -editor in the target window.

Have fun and remember, "The one asking questions increases the wisdom of many"

R@S
Old 11-26-2009, 01:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R@S View Post
LRK and TMP are a mystery for me too. but LED is Leadership, CHA is charisma, TRD is Trade and STH is Stealth.
I see! Well, alright then. Do Charisma and Trade have any use for the Mercenaries in game?

Quote:
Is this the Fakirov ambush by the school bus? Or is it the Paquito mission in Santa-Maria?
This is the mission to save 'Mister Sister' in the starting city.

Quote:
First off, the portraits. They can be found in one of the AZP packs, in the \BMP\Hud\FACES and \BMP\Hud\LARGEFACES folders in those archives. If you don't know how to open or extract those, here's a link on how to make it simple: Link will be supplied later, the site is unavailable atm, sorry
Alright, cool. My FACES and LARGEFACES files are either E6B files or TGA, being text and picture respectively. I can get the portraits open with GIMP, and I'm going to experiment with that if I can. I would appreciate that link on how to open AZP packs when you can get it though!

Quote:
As for the Character models, those are much more complicated. You need to familiarize yourself with how the structure work in their individual \Actors\Monsters\*.azp files. There is an *.ACT file for various variants for the model, like model for head, body, with helmet, armor and so on. Some of these *.act files is in binary format so you need to use a binary editor if you're going to use a different name for the new textures.
Once you've figured that out you need to find the texture for that specific model located in the \Media\Actors folder in one of the AZP archives.
I checked my Monsters folder, and none of the files seem to be .act, all AZP.

Quote:
New mercenary comments are hard coded and a bit trickier, you need to make replace function of their comment phrases in the source code and compile those in a new mod. Once that is done you can edit the subtitles file to use the new wav files if you made any.

Merc prices are also hard coded, but you can use the outsourcedini mod from the BFX mod to make it simple. In the ini folder there is an ini file by that name where you can edit those values.
Where can I get the source code, and can I get it in English (Or at least get a handy translator bundled with it? =p ) And, in the outsourcedini file I found all the Mercenaries with their prices next to them, so I thought (A sample being
EarlJameson "3600" //Earp

ManchuChung "2500" //Cobra

MazzyLiklik "4400" //Ali)
But changing those didn't seem to have any effect, and I can't open the files in the outsourcedconfig mod.

Quote:
To alter the characters inventories, use the built-in inventory editor. just open their *.inv files located in the InventoryINI folder and go crazy. To start the inv editor, make sure you have the fixed 1024 TGA's installed that somes with the patch and edit the shortcut to say something like "D:\Games\7.62\E6.exe" -editor in the target window.
I found those inventory files, and I assume changing each stage to have weapons of similar strength for that stage won't have any adverse effects? That said, and with the knowledge that changing their prices would be hardcoded, is it possible to scale their price to the current CGL?

Quote:
Have fun and remember, "The one asking questions increases the wisdom of many"
I am indeed having alot of fun working with this game, in both the technical aspects and the gameplay. And, aye, I thank you for answering all the questions I'm asking! It is very greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Aderas; 11-26-2009 at 01:57 PM.