Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Assault Squad

Men of War: Assault Squad Sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War

Old 06-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Approved Member

Default mods wont work!?

i have steam and i went to this path
program files (x86)/steam/steam apps/common/menofwarassaultsquad/mods
i put them in there and they wont appear in the activation list in game and when i try to launch the game inside of the folder it says exception error user options and closes
and help?
Old 06-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Approved Member

What mod are u trying to install? make sure you extract mods "with path" into that folder meaning under mods folder if the mod name is "evil map"(example) then check under mods folder if there is a folder called \evil map\ and make sure under that folder there is mod.info file and other subfolders such as \resource\ or/and localization that contains other subfolders and files. If you find that everything under that evil map folder for example is located without subfolders just bunch of files that means u did not extract the file properly. Further, make sure the mod u trying to install is good and not some test thing.

Let me know what mod you trying to install.

For example if you download my mission battle of montcuit - http://www.moddb.com/games/men-of-wa...ntcuit-ver-215 and extract it that will work for sure, but it still doesnt show in the game that means either you have mowas installed in another folder or mods folder is not properly named maybe u have it as mod? or you extracted without path meaning battle of montcuit folder was created but nothing under it was properly extracted.

If you still have problems let me know

Skirmishes/Missions by DJSatane
Old 06-22-2012, 06:10 PM
Approved Member

i went to install path and the mod was there i had deleted the other one because i thought it caused a problem it has localization resource and mod info ( both of the 2 mods came just as mod i had to add the info part. all i do is drag them from the installed folder into my mods folder and then go in game however i notice some files are missing from my assault squad folder in the folder there is no assault squad editor.I installed this game yesterday so i couldn't have done that already plus the mods i installed i had to drag and drop no installer was with the mods.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:43 PM
Approved Member

also the folder under steamapps\common\ is called men of war assault squad with spaces. Mods work just fine. And that men of war assault squad folder has both editor and game exe, if you have either missing then something is wrong.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Approved Member

why did steam not install everthing? i am going to verify integrity
Old 06-22-2012, 10:40 PM
Approved Member

i just verified the files with steam and some files are still missing
Old 06-22-2012, 11:33 PM
Approved Member

Try to uninstall and install not sure, I have no issues with steam installing the files and none of my friends have any issues like this(and thats a lot of people) plus I havent seen anything like this reported on forums so either something is wrong on ur pc like maybe administrative rights or something else is going on. Try to uninstall, delete the files urself after uninstall if anything is left over and then install again.... not sure what else to tell you.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Approved Member

mabye one day but right now i just don't want to wait lol the multiplayer works so its not a dire need.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Approved Member

actually now i have to uninstall re install because all the skirmish maps are broken. I start with one mp and everything on map is frozen i can go out to menu and go back easily plus all my save games are in red(meaning they are corrupt)
Old 06-23-2012, 12:26 PM
Approved Member

i just ran uninstall and it took one second so i went to my files and nothing was removed something is seriously wrong with my game.