Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Approved Member

think about this;

What's the best way to advertise; word of mouth. If I go to a show like that make a little movie of what I'm seeing and put in on the net, how many more people do I reach then paying for an ad in a gamemag?
Old 02-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royraiden View Post
Watch the other videos and read some info about the presentation.
I have watched the videos and generally comments about them from others ask about things "has this been switched off" or it has been edited and cut. I have read what i can that is published in English but lets be honest alot is translated or copied from other sites.
I agree ,word of mouth and getting others to spread the links and word is the best way,but can't do it if you can't find it or understand it.
I hope they do find a way of getting the message across,it isn't long now before it is out.
We will all buy it BUT anyone casually looking on from a distance may not.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumper View Post
Why do we have to find everything out by digging around,this has got to be the worst advertised and promoted item of any description.
It is either 3rd hand via a cam corder or dug out on a foreign station.
Keep in mind that it is the non-Russian sites that are the "foreign station."
Old 02-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Approved Member

Overall, I like what I see in that video. One thing did catch my eye that I would like to see changed. Around 1:04 you can see AI wingman performing almost perfectly syncronized manouvers. It's as if they are flying via one joystick. Same with the wingman flying with the pilot in the video. It doesn't look natural that they can react that fast and instantly keep their wings in the same plane as their leader. I hope they will look at that and introduce some believable lag in reaction times.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Approved Member

I'm pretty sure they repeated all the footage at least once! Great find though, thanks
Old 02-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Tvrdi

hell yeah, btw some nice info inside
Old 02-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Approved Member

I love this gorgeous view of the Channel.

Last edited by Rodolphe; 02-12-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodolphe View Post
I love this gorgeous view of the Channel.
I was thinking just the same! It looks so real with that heat haze going on over at the cliffs and it looks like it's quite far away. One of the most impressive things I've seen so far graphics wise.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Approved Member

That could quite easily be mistaken for a photograph.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumper View Post
Why do we have to find everything out by digging around,this has got to be the worst advertised and promoted item of any description.
It is either 3rd hand via a cam corder or dug out on a foreign station.
If they don't want anyone to see it ,fine .
I wonder if it is actually nowhere near finished so they are limited to what they can show us.Alot of the footage in that clip is old footage.
I hope for the best but am wondering,they are talking about patches on release--- well .
My comments on the video,some of it looks good,the AI still move in a jerky way and all at once when in formation and the little snippet of audio sounded like the old il2 lawnmowers ,maybe that is why videos are not being released yet.
I live in hope but until they can release a good quality ingame video my doubts remain.
It sounds like they are still having frame rate issues and are hard at work optimizing the sim. I don't blame them for holding back information that can only hurt marketing especially by a few in the forum who'd act like mad dogs killing chickens. The good new is the publisher/developer can make smooth videos from the game and are in the process of Luthier narrating them.

As far as marketing goes there is plenty of time to market the finished product. There is no rule that say the game must sell out the day its released.