Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Approved Member

Default CoD Training

Hi, long time forum reader, first time thread poster

Been playing IL2 since it was first released, and absolutely love it!

However, almost everything I've learnt has been through reading the various posts because the I found the training missions in IL2 were awfully slow and un-informative. And more to the point there was no option to fast forward/rewind.

I understand from previous posts that CoD will have upgraded training missions with an AI instructor, but does anyone know whether there'll be a fast forward/rewind option. Or any other features that might be of interest?

Old 02-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Approved Member

Don't take my word for this as 100% garantuee, but as far as I can remember there is a Flight School for training where you're going to fly the Tiger Moth yourself while the instructor guides you through the procedures.

I'm hoping it will be a slightly simplified variant of the real thing a first-time pilot would have gone through before getting his wings and being deployed to a Spit or Hurri squadron (taxiing, take-off, manouvers, communicating with groundcontrol, formation-flying perhaps, and landing)

But has anyone else seen anything about gunnery and squadron level fighting training?
Old 02-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Approved Member

luthier confirmed not-so-long time ago that we'll have online training with human instluctor, too, so don't worry.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:45 AM
Approved Member

Thanks guys.

Looking forward to formation and ground control training...my weak points.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Approved Member

hehe, i'm kinda hoping for some more formation-training myself i tend to just be close by incase something happens too my flight, not really in formation at all