Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 05-29-2011, 11:26 AM
Approved Member

Default Ati blue lines issue

Hi all

I have reported the ‘blue lines’ issue at AMD’s tech support site, and have had a couple of responses. Although I was very specific about the error, and provided a link to this forum, the latest response has me wondering whether they even read my e-mail. To quote; “I have browsed the UBI forums and have not found any threads that might suggest that this is a wide spread driver development problem.”

There followed a lot of advice on how to correctly install drivers and various trouble-shooting methods, all of which were not relevant to the issue at hand. This left me wondering whether any other Cayman users had reported this issue, as it appears that they are totally unaware of the problem. There is little chance of getting a driver fix if this is the case.

I have again responded with a link to this site, specifically a search result listing posts where the issue has been mentioned, so hopefully this will result in a more relevant response. It would also help if more users reported the problem at http://emailcustomercare.amd.com/ which may result in someone there actually taking note of it.

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 | AMD FX-8350 | MSI HD7970 TFOC-BE | 8GB Corsair DDR-III 1866 | Win8.1 Pro 64-bit
Old 05-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Approved Member

Good job mate
Old 05-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Approved Member

Default Update

Quick update; I have heard back from AMD tech support again, but unfortunately the chap couldn’t access the search results page link I sent him for reference. I have responded with links to 6 different posts that have screen shots to illustrate the problem, so hopefully this will bear some fruit. It is also somewhat disconcerting that 1C have apparently had no contact with them ahead of the US release to try to resolve this issue, but perhaps this is just an incorrect assumption on my part.

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 | AMD FX-8350 | MSI HD7970 TFOC-BE | 8GB Corsair DDR-III 1866 | Win8.1 Pro 64-bit
Old 05-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Approved Member

Good work mate, we may be getting somewhere then
Old 05-30-2011, 09:16 PM
Approved Member

They have replied me:
Quote:
Dear Customer,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[XXXXXXX]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

Thank you for contacting AMD Customer Care.

I understand that some blue stripes appear when you play a record of Cliffs of Dover. This problem will occur if the drivers for your add-on video card is corrupted, wrong drivers were installed, or the drivers itself are not installed properly. To resolve this problem, I attached a link below instructions on how to remove and install the drivers for your reference and the driver download page for your convenience.

Driver installation instruction:

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...tWindows7.aspx

Driver download:

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...n_win7-64.aspx

Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

In order to update this service request

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

This email is a direct result of your contact with AMD Global Customer Care and not part of a campaign. There is no need to unsubscribe to this email as you will only be contacted again if you directly request another service from AMD Global Customer Care.

The contents of this message are provided for informational purposes only. AMD makes no representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy of the contents of the information provided, and reserves the right to change such information at any time, with or without notice.

Youtube Profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/E69Qpassa
Old 05-30-2011, 09:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qpassa View Post
They have replied me:
Aaarrghhh ...This has nothing to do with corrupt or incorrect drivers! As far as I know, this problem occurs with every ATI 69xx card!!!

These kind of responses are so typical for companies that don't care about customers and think they are stupid. Luckily not all companies act this way. But if this is ATI's way of 'service', then next time I'm a Nvidia buyer.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE77ACTION View Post
Aaarrghhh ...This has nothing to do with corrupt or incorrect drivers! As far as I know, this problem occurs with every ATI 69xx card!!!

These kind of responses are so typical for companies that don't care about customers and think they are stupid. Luckily not all companies act this way. But if this is ATI's way of 'service', then next time I'm a Nvidia buyer.
LOL..

i just done that procedure just to see if it works..guess what

It doesnt!

One thing though...i tried Free flight/Cross country/London map and had no blue stripes..as soon as i went onto MP i had the stripes
Old 05-31-2011, 03:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Quick update; I have heard back from AMD tech support again, but unfortunately the chap couldn’t access the search results page link I sent him for reference. I have responded with links to 6 different posts that have screen shots to illustrate the problem, so hopefully this will bear some fruit. It is also somewhat disconcerting that 1C have apparently had no contact with them ahead of the US release to try to resolve this issue, but perhaps this is just an incorrect assumption on my part.
Luthier did mention that they had contacted both Nvidia and AMD about various things but had no response from AMD, I havent ever owned an ATI card but it's not the first time in different game forums that I have seen issues reported regarding poor driver support, I was about too purchase a 6950 2gb but went with a GTX560ti 1280mb as I was concerned with the problems many are having with the 69xx cards I havent owned one though so reall can't comment.

I guess to AMD the amount of posts on 1c forums is insignificant, if this was the other COD there would already be driver updates addressing the issues.

Good luck with it, other than the blue lines your PC should handle COD very well.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:12 AM
Approved Member

This is the kind of nonsense that drives me crazy. I have this problem and would love to have it fixed...stop telling us how to install drivers and do something ya lazy bums!
Old 05-31-2011, 04:23 AM
Approved Member

i dont think its the drivers, i think its something in the game code. my son uses crossfire 6870 and i use 5870 and both of us use the same driver install and i have no blue lines when im in game, he doesnt play COD to test his. just a fyi