Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:59 PM
Approved Member

Bad news are also good news...

Thanks for informing us.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:59 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the update BS.
Personally I'd be happy to deal with those "known" issues in the interim for a few weeks if stability / launcher crash issues were fixed since we have been stuck with it for MANY months now - but hayho!
V
Old 04-28-2012, 02:00 PM
Approved Member

Fair enough, just keep at it lads!
Old 04-28-2012, 02:01 PM
Approved Member

Completly understandable. I would do exactly the same.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-28-2012, 02:02 PM
Registered Member

Thank you for the update and working very hard on making IL2 CoD better!
Old 04-28-2012, 02:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix View Post
Dear friends,

Yes, we know it's ridiculous. No one is more upset at the situation than us, believe me. You have lives outside flight sims. You have jobs, you have homes. For us, Cliffs of Dover is our life. When we can't get it right, it hurts us. When we are in the constant state of "almost ready", when we break promises week after week, it affects us very deeply.

Unfortunately, even though it looked like we had something releasable this morning, by lunchtime we felt we should work on it more. What we almost released would have been a "DX10 alpha". All the FM changes are there, lots of other great things, FPS and stability improvements, etc.

However, the things that are the current "known issues" are:
· No dynamic low-caliber hit decals showing on aircraft;
· Detached aircraft chunks losing their texture and becoming pitch-black;
· Little particle "dust" that comes out of weapon hits looking like untextured squares;
· Gunsights always white in color;
· No waypoint lines rendered in map or FMB;
· Pilot and Plane models not rendering textures in Options - Pilot and Options - Plane respectively;
· DX9 support not ready for public consumption.

We just felt that this was one known issue too many. The decision was very hard to make. Many team members are unhappy with it, especially those responsible for the parts of the patch that are fully tested and working such as the FM.

I believe however that, rather than presenting ourselves as a team that releases half-finished patches with lots of graphic issues, we should work very hard on building the reputation for making things right, the first time, however long it takes.

We’ll keep providing regular reports.
Thanks for the news and the honesty, Black. Get things right first and only then release it.
I guess this is as much a learning expirience for you guys in regards to patch release communication as it is for us a lesson in patience.

I will be honest that right now I would like a rough estimate on how much time it will take to fix those issues, but I suppose you will only risk backslash if it won't work by then as well. However, I agree that by now I even would do with an unfinished patch if that means the stability issues are solved in Multiplayer, I haven't played for a while for that sole reason, with everything else I can live with currently.

Any news on BoM?
Old 04-28-2012, 02:04 PM
Approved Member

Sounds good, keep it up till the end, thank-you for the informative update with listed issues.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:04 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the Update!
Perhaps one questions if i may:
Is a new updated version of the sound engine part of the upcoming beta patch?
Old 04-28-2012, 02:06 PM
Approved Member

I don't post in here very often, but i read the update threads regularly.

And let me say, thanks for the effort. I love CloD, and look forward to it being even better.

As for the stress that the negative sentiments on this board are obviously are obviously having on you, well, you said it yourself. This is your life, whereas the comments are coming from people who are gamers. Serving your customers, in my opinion, stops short of putting up with their abuse, much less taking it to heart.

Just keep up the good work. The vast majority of us appreciate it. It's just the vocal few who have nothing better to do than to flame on the internet over a computer game. Their opinion shouldn't matter to anyone.

[Edit] Besides that, any rational person would see the the validity of a decision to wait until something is done right before releasing something that's wrong just to meet a self imposed timeline.

Last edited by PissyChrissy; 04-28-2012 at 02:09 PM. Reason: afterthought
Old 04-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Approved Member

Then there just no holiday and no holidays for you!

ummh ... just kidding

thx for the update

written by JG4_Widukind