Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 12:21 PM
Approved Member

so again no patch ? mmh
Approved Member

Ummmmmmm, I don't know what to say. Good night all. Have a great week end.
Approved Member

I have to admit that I am one of the many who have been privately grumbling away to myself with such thoughts as "All well and good.. now can I have the flight simulator I paid for, please?"...... (I decided to grumble to myself instead of posting it as there are far too many people saying the same on here.)

But....well... I have to admit that I am impressed! It looks an awful lot of fun. As others have pointed out anyway... from the detailed vehicles in game to the erroneous control options in the menus, this was a seemingly inevitable development anyway and, had the game not been forced into being released before it was finished, it would have been just another feature of Cliffs of Dover that made it great and, I suspect, even the naysayers would have felt that way too.

Thanks for the update BS!

Now the annoying question: Patch soon?

Last edited by Volksieg; 02-24-2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Added stuff.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Approved Member

News on the patch is great, it must be getting closer

Not sure why you're spending so much time showing us the vehicular side of things when you then go on to say that you don't know when or in what form it'll arrive in. Seems a bit odd to spend so much effort to show it... Though from a ground based perspective the sounds do sound pretty good to me

Thank you for the update in either case
Old 02-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Approved Member

Endless possibilities, you can dominate the market. Do a good job and I'd be willing to re-purchase this sim.

Don't screw this up!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintifaxl View Post
The video should have ended with a Stuka dive bombing the Brit tank
+1 haha!
Great news, looking forward to the patch!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:25 PM
Approved Member

I need a Jug! LOL

Loved the train explosion @ 1:00..... and the one @ 2:34 is spectacular. I wasn't expecting that! Nice job folks. Great touches with the flying debris. I think these added features of tank simulation and AA will really add a different dimension to this franchise. My only beef? Why did the soldier suddenly disappear when he was shot @ 5:19?

Can you give further insight to what the icons on the top left indicate B6?

Thanks for the update.

Last edited by Robert; 02-24-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I need a Jug! LOL

Loved the train explosion @ 1:00..... and the one @ 2:34 is spectacular. I wasn't expecting that! Nice job folks. Great touches with the flying debris. I think these added features of tank simulation and AA will really add a different dimension to this franchise. My only beef? Why did the soldier suddenly disappear when he was shot @ 5:19?

Can you give further insight to what the icons on the top left indicate B6?

Thanks for the update.

Quote:
We have also made other changes since the version in which the video was made. The damage model for the vehicles was improved. Destroyed ground objects have inertia and continue moving after death. Component damage system (tracks, crew, gunners etc) has also been improved. Unfortunately due to yesterday being an official holiday we simply had no time to make additional footage and splice it into the video.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Approved Member

Nice work, looking forward to all the possibilities coming together someday.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 02-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
News on the patch is great, it must be getting closer

Not sure why you're spending so much time showing us the vehicular side of things when you then go on to say that you don't know when or in what form it'll arrive in. Seems a bit odd to spend so much effort to show it... Though from a ground based perspective the sounds do sound pretty good to me

Thank you for the update in either case
Ahhh good old politics. Don't answer a question directly but throw in a red herring instead. Excellent stuff. It works.
Closed Thread