Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 01-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F19_Klunk View Post
Next? the SB2C Helldiver of course .. perfect to match Team Pacific's New Britain map..if it's ready by then...... VB-17 on USS Bunker Hill attacking Rabaul in -43

4.11 will keep us occupied on Eastern front for awhile.. next theatre... .Pacific *fingers crossed*... and maybe some new carriers as well

But let the fellas have a rest first
*DROOL MODE ON*

I so want the Helldiver, being the Curtiss fan boy that I am. It's also a new US Navy aircraft with no "imperial entanglements".

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 01-18-2012, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

That is a nice idea, I loved this bird in "Aces of the Pacific"!!!

But what could also be cool, early A-20 versions the A and B, cause it could be done form the current C version.

Or a complete A-20 series with the late H, J, K and the P-70 Nightfighterversions?!
The Basemodell is there .. ok I`m dreaming

Or some Aichi M6A with Floats and with normal Landing gear and the I-400 Submarine to start from ...
Old 01-19-2012, 12:13 AM
Approved Member

The SB2C is #1 one my wish list. Now that we have the TBD, this is the only aircraft we need to round out the pac theater. I would also like to see the F4F-3A. This is a very slightly modified Wildcat. Important to me because they were active off CV decks in the Pearl Harbor - Midway period, like the raids on the Gilbers and Marcus Island.

The Ki-44 is next, as she is vital to the defense of homeland Japan.

The Ki-48 Lilly is one of the most needed bombers in the Pac, flew a ton of missions in PNG and was listed once as, "The Japanese aircraft which was destroyed on the ground in larger numbers then anything else" or something along those line.

Bristol Beaufort, a vital RAAF bomber in the Pac and used by Coastal Command in NWE.

A-29 Hudson. Yep, the Hudson, can't have a good pac fight early on without the Hudson.

Here is my Pacific Theater wish list!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 12:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F19_Klunk View Post
VB-17 on USS Bunker Hill attacking Rabaul in -43

Something not quite right there.

Those air group markings belong to CV 9 (Essex).

CV 17 (Bunker Hill) had a vertical arrow.

Also (despite being popular with model kit makers) the geometric identifications were only used for a very short period in 1945 so the '43 date is way out.

Last edited by WTE_Galway; 01-19-2012 at 04:27 AM.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
*DROOL MODE ON*

I so want the Helldiver, being the Curtiss fan boy that I am. It's also a new US Navy aircraft with no "imperial entanglements".

Drool as well!

The Helldiver would be very much welcome... as would a bunch of other Curtiss favorites

Also I'd like to see a few more Japanese types and... maybe a Burma/China map for operations there.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:07 AM
Approved Member

Default What I would like to see

Hello masters

We, the followers of this simulator, we would like many things, I know. But I think that for this simulation is perfect and does not need MODS should have:

1. The Rearm/Refuel/Repair option.
2. Variable weather during a mission.
3. The Curtiss SB2C Helldiver.
4. HOTAS in prop.
5. HOTAS in brake pedals. eg: Three of them: why? Not all the WWII aircraft had brakes on pedals, instead of that used a hand brake near to the stick. The rest of the WWII aircrat had independent brake pedal. So in HOTAS control should be like this:

HOTAS
Hand brake
Left pedal brake
Right pedal brake

The user can now select from his/her hardware.

Thank you.

Я люблю этот симулятор
Old 01-19-2012, 04:04 PM
Approved Member

I have never noticed that AI pilots use engine fire extinguishers.

I always thought that a drivable ground vehicle could be done easily in IL2.

I have before driven aircraft with tricycle landing gear between towns and airfields on some maps. If they happen to look like a tank or half-track and had good armor and a large cannon in their turret instead of a small caliber weapon then there you go.

Maybe the commands for aircraft squadron could be used to direct two or four other vehicles attached to you.

I just thought it would be funny to be on some popular dogfight server, sitting on a road on the side of a hill somewhere lobbing shells at the enemy base and watching them type obscenities in the chat bar....
Old 01-19-2012, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

From my point of view, and I don't know about legal limitations for this, the effects in the game need a major overhaul (smokes, explosions, bullet trails, sounds). Some mods have made great improvements in these aspects, particularly HSFX in the smokes and particles area includes very nice modifications.

And maybe have the russian planes rechecked so that they are adjusted like germans, americans, british, etc.

As usual, I know it might be a lot to ask, but asking is free (for now ).
Old 01-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [URU]BlackFox View Post
From my point of view, and I don't know about legal limitations for this, the effects in the game need a major overhaul (smokes, explosions, bullet trails, sounds).
+1
Columns of smoke marking crash sites always go perfectly straight up in the air, which looks quite unrealistic. Aircraft in the game are affected by wind but smoke isn't.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [URU]BlackFox View Post
Some mods have made great improvements in these aspects, particularly HSFX in the smokes and particles area includes very nice modifications..
I think the effects in mods generally look like whoever designed them watched too many cheap Hollywood action movies. The effects in the official patches get better as time goes by, but I would hope that accuracy as a flight sim would take priority over working on things to entertain bored children...