Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > 7,62

7,62 Tactical action game, sequel to Brigade E5

Old 01-30-2012, 07:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headshot View Post
Oh and if possible can you detail somehow the actual game mechanics of how stat and skill progression is calculated within the game.
I think there is a thread from a long time ago on this board that tells you exactly what you need to do to "train" your attributes and skills. As for the game formula I have no idea, only notions. I haven't had much time lately to play the game the way I used to where I also spent a lot of time ingame running around, throwing nades and firing machine guns. Nowadays I have limited time and find the BSM class system a blessing, I can still update the stats I want without the hassle of wasting precious game time.

Quote:
I seem to see that weapons skills seem to get better when you miss rather than when you actually hit an enemy. Which seems backwards but when my sniping skill goes up it happens right after I miss a shot, not after one hits.
You can still get a skill increase when you hit, but as you have noticed it happens more often when you miss. But I think that it makes sense the way it works now, IRL you actually learn more when you fail than when you succeed. Those Apeiron guys had a thing for realism, and in this case I agree with them

When I added the Mechanic skill I used a similar calculation where the counter to the next skill point got a bigger boost when you failed to repair a weapon than you'd get when you succeeded.

Quote:
But I have never seen Dex go up by doing anything nor stealth, nor camouflage, nor Health, nor energy. Yet the manual claims many of these can increase.
Health can go up, or so I've heard. If a merc gets injured and healed several times, the chances are that this attribute will get a point. I have never had this happen to me, I try not to get hit

Quote:
And what are the set limits, it says in the manual that Strength can be increased 30 points above the base ( your starting point ) but it seems you can only gain 1 point max in a 24 hour period on stats, where as skills can gain more.
1 attribute and 5 skill points every 24 hours, not sure where the limit in the vanilla game is regarding an overall cap.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Approved Member

I made such a thread, but not many were willing to contribute.

And I've seen health go up, which happens when you get badly injured. I tend not to reload when I get really badly shot up (as long as I don't die!) And wounds are part of the deal when you're 4 guys against 50 enemies (Cali Cantinos last mission anyone?) without the advanced medikits option.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:08 PM
Registered Member

Ok a problem I just encountered has me a bit worried.

I am doing the blue sun missions for Tang and have gotten to the point where I have finished killing the guy in Olvega ( however its spelled ). On my way back to report in I stop in Campecina and when I am entereing the town the game crashes and go to the desktop. At first I thought maybe just a normal glitch I get sometimes so I loaded a previous save ( not the autosave one created just before the crash ) and again went back to Campecina with the same results crash to desktop upon entering the town.

I decided to bypass the town and finish the mission but now whenever I enter Campecina it does the same crash. Ok so I figure maybe it has somehow corrupted the Campecina data files etc. so to test it out I go back to a point before I kill the guy in Olvega but have taken the mission and enter Campecina before going to kill the guy and guess what no crash.

So I figure I will go do the mission and try again. I do the job as well as doing a battle along the way back towards my base and Campecina. I dont stop at my base and have taken no additional jobs etc but when I enter Campecina BANG crash to desktop again.

I tried resetting the random missions with a barkeep and that didn't help. I even tried not taking any equipment from the dead guys in Olvega but that did no good either.

Again as I have stated if I go back to an earlier save and redo the missions I get the same failure if not it works fine.

Any suggestions ... other than dont go to Campecina anymore?

Last edited by Headshot; 01-30-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Approved Member

Without the crash info from the log file it's very difficult to pinpoint the reason for the CtD, but I'll try to help you with some speculations anyways.

It might be an item on the ground left by dead enemies, the smoke grenade is notorious for causing similar issues.

It might also be one of those weird issues you get when you play the game for too long in one session that has caused some of the quest files or characters to get mixed up.

As for solutions, try speeding up time and skip forward 2 or 3 weeks of game time, then try to enter the city again. If you enter the map without a CtD, the problem was caused by an item on the ground. If not, then it might be the memory leak issue and you might never be able to enter that town again, unless something changes in the quest or character code.

If you are familiar with editing the save game files, you could try to swap the map files in the corrupt save archive with one from a working one.

Well, that's what I can do to help with the information you have shared, hope you'll be able to continue playing, with Campecino fixed.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Registered Member

R@S

You are uncanny ... I somehow got a cooked off smoke grenade in my vehicle inventory and if I enter Campecino or try and get rid of it in any random sector the game crashes.

So now the question becomes ... HOW the hell do I get rid of it from Urals inventory without causing a game crash.

Perhaps go to a different town and remove everything from the Ural except the grenade and then getting the barkeep to take care of the truck and blow it up?

Any thoughts?

I tried putting the spent grenade in the trunk of the Ural and then sold everything to trader in another town but when I go back to Campecino I still get the crash.

Headshot

Last edited by Headshot; 01-30-2012 at 09:35 PM. Reason: added additional info
Old 01-30-2012, 10:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
R@S

You are uncanny ... I somehow got a cooked off smoke grenade in my vehicle inventory and if I enter Campecino or try and get rid of it in any random sector the game crashes.

So now the question becomes ... HOW the hell do I get rid of it from Urals inventory without causing a game crash.

Perhaps go to a different town and remove everything from the Ural except the grenade and then getting the barkeep to take care of the truck and blow it up?

Any thoughts?

I tried putting the spent grenade in the trunk of the Ural and then sold everything to trader in another town but when I go back to Campecino I still get the crash.

Headshot
As I remember it editing inventory in your save files is pretty easy. You have to unzip (with the azp utility) your save file, open the .sav up in a text editor, change the inventory, save the file, and add it back into your .sav, again with the azp utility. It's a few steps long, but takes about a minute, once you figure the inventory part out.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:33 PM
Registered Member

That might be an option but even after selling off the inventory of the truck including the grenade I still cant enter Campecino. So unless there is some way to find "IF" the Campecino sector contains a spent smoke grenade that isnt there etc how is that editable. Do you put one back in and is it tied somehow to the one that got sold off. Is there a time delay where sectors reset and dump all old data items etc? If so I can play around the Campecino area and just continue until it clears up on its own.

Headshot
Old 01-31-2012, 03:52 AM
Approved Member

Headshot,

Man, I feel for you.

*knock on wood* I've yet to encounter a bug as bizarre and complex as the one that you're describing, and I hope that I never do.

As awesome as the 7.62 engine can be, this is the anti-awesomeness.

Hang in there, and best of luck to you. *fingers crossed*
Old 01-31-2012, 04:42 AM
Registered Member

Alright ...

Well I went back and reloaded a save from 3 game days earlier just before the rebels attacked Campecina and left town and just let them fight it out with the locals. No stuff but no grenade problem. Maybe I could have just replayed it and been very selective as to what I dumped to the back of the Ural but oh well at least no crashes. Now I just have to replay about 6 missions and 6-8 ambushes to get back to where I was before the craziness happened.

Thanks to everyone for ideas and giving me a clue as to what went wrong, and rather than just keep playing and hope for the best I will just do it over again. Maybe I can try some different tactics like do an ambush mission in broad daylight alone with Ivanov my sniper. I got his camo up to 110 without the gilly suit or camo paint. With both I can be in a wooded bushy daylight condition and have the exposure bar around my ankles or at worse around my calves. I got in a firefight in one mission and a guy 15-20 meters away still could not tell where my shots were coming from.

A silenced 416 14" with Elcan and 6.8 rounds do wonders to the enemy at ranges up to about 90 meters. Oh and my sniping is at about 78 and shooting is at 75 so it is a toss up to use the Elcan or a red dot. At close ranges when they cant tell where you are, I just go with the Elcan.

Oh Blue Sun lvl 11 and CGL 7

Headshot
Old 01-31-2012, 09:59 PM
Registered Member

Ok

I just encountered another problem ... not sure if this has been addressed yet but here goes.

After accepting the mission from Tang you are told to go see his weapons guy for something special ... which is the CheyTec M200 and acc. My main character who is my sniper talks to the weapons guy and is to be given the CheyTec and the game crashes out to desktop. Now I have space in my inventory for the weapon and its accessories but everytime without fail it will crash before getting the stuff.
I checked the crash log and this stood out...

00:59.756 ERROR [0] .\Items\items.cpp (697) Item not found by name: 'Sniper rifle clip (CheyTac/7)'

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Fix 3 corrected the issue ... Thanks R@S

R@S can you send me a file to replace whatever is missing or otherwise help somehow?

Headshot

Last edited by Headshot; 01-31-2012 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Solution found