Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-20-2011, 04:12 AM
Approved Member

Unhappy Omg

I was able to get in a few games in by creating games on arcade!!!...one or two people popped in every time...I could not even get a shot in most of the time...need Yoda
Old 08-20-2011, 06:29 AM
Approved Member

if you have been playing real or sim for a decent amount of time then then jump into arcade that will happen....at least it does for me. every blue moon i will get into an arcade game and get my butt not just kicked but thrashed horribly!!! going back i think is way worse than trying to switch from like real to sim.....
Old 08-20-2011, 07:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysocks View Post
if you have been playing real or sim for a decent amount of time then then jump into arcade that will happen....at least it does for me. every blue moon i will get into an arcade game and get my butt not just kicked but thrashed horribly!!! going back i think is way worse than trying to switch from like real to sim.....
This my first time on line...Like all the good sense of flying smooth is out the window...Some of them are just that good???? Or I just suck...they're on your 6 guns blazing and impossible to lose them...after you crash...they're on you again...
Old 08-20-2011, 10:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsevillajr View Post
This my first time on line...Like all the good sense of flying smooth is out the window...Some of them are just that good???? Or I just suck...they're on your 6 guns blazing and impossible to lose them...after you crash...they're on you again...
hello alsevillajr

u know the first time online is always difficult,and it is difficult all the time even after many years of practice ,but stay patient and u will see ...days per days u will become deadly.
good hunting,good luck and u can be sure u will be very good with practice!continue to play!

sincerely
olife
Old 08-20-2011, 11:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysocks View Post
I can second that. Did a little trip into a CTA in arcade and got devostating degraded. I realise it's no looking back...
Old 08-20-2011, 12:20 PM
Approved Member

You are not alone, trust me.

StiC
Old 08-20-2011, 01:30 PM
Approved Member

if shooting and damaging aircraft is your probelm arcade is the hardest place to start, as there are only 4 competitive planes (I-16, I153, Spit MKII and Hurricane MKII IMO) in arcade and if your not in one your bait, to learn to shoot is the hardest thing to learn online. in realistic and sim you at least have a damage engine that affects the aircrafts performance relative to damage sustained, so in certain circumstances two or three shots into someones wing is enough to cripple them and gain you a kill. Your best bet is to do some training in realistic or sim as there is no autoaim in those training modes
Old 08-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Approved Member

I have a distinct feeling that they use Virtual Cockpit...whilst I am in cockpit with limited visibility...I like to keep it real...I will try to engage in Virtual and see if I can gain a little advantage or to see if that will make a difference in my kill ratio...if not then I do suck....ha ha ha

Also the load out is what you have available if their planes have upgraded correct???

I really want to thank you for all your support...you chaps have all been awsome!!!

Last edited by alsevillajr; 08-20-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsevillajr View Post
I have a distinct feeling that they use Virtual Cockpit...whilst I am in cockpit with limited visibility...I like to keep it real...I will try to engage in Virtual and see if I can gain a little advantage or to see if that will make a difference in my kill ratio...if not then I do suck....ha ha ha

Also the load out is what you have available if their planes have upgraded correct???

I really want to thank you for all your support...you chaps have all been awsome!!!

there are few options on loadouts .... mainly historic to the aircraft used, but as far as guns go, no, it will either have cannons, machine guns or both ie Spits most of the or all the BF109's, Yaks, the Fw190's have cannons and the Hurricane, MC202, P51B have all forward facing machine guns.

The bombers/dive bombers Po2 , AG20,B17, Blenhiem, He111 and Stuka Ju87 and ground attack aircraft IL2M all have forward facing and rear gunners and coverage of the rear varies dependant on the Aircraft. you will undoubtably pick a fav, althought the B17 is a beast in the right hands (Gilly, Mckinney, me pmslol couldnt hit a barn door atm ) its notoriously hard to down but equally the right pilot in the right fighter downed like a semi warm knife through butter (maybe a couple of passes )
Old 08-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Approved Member

Played with a good pilot on arcade today...verified he is using Virtual and 6axis...6axis if you're used to it, will IMO have a quicker response...and he agrees...not fair???? One needs to get used to Virtual if he wants to even compete on a level playing field in Arcade or get really good in cockpit view...or use 6Axis...which for me defeats the purpose, for my enjoyment...although unless you ask to let you win for trophy achievements and upgrades...maybe I need to brush up on 6axis...ha ha

Last edited by alsevillajr; 08-20-2011 at 09:23 PM.