Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Buzzsaw* View Post
Salute

If you haven't seen them already, the reviews in German gaming magazines, on Gamespot and PC Gamer have panned the game.

Maybe those reviews were deserved, but the fact is, if this game goes under, no one is going to suffer but us flight simmers.

All those posters on these boards who I see whining and complaining better understand something:

If this game goes under, you will have nothing to do but whine. No game, no development, NOTHING.

The only smart thing to do at this point is to support the developers, give them POSITIVE feedback on issues.

Don't harp on issues which have been mentioned a hundred times, there is no point.

Unless you WANT the game to fail.

I personally have bought a copy online, and will be buying another hard copy in the stores when it arrives.

DO NOT KID YOURSELF. THIS GAME IS ON THE EDGE.
I love the counter-whinning whinning. In the end its a buisness, they fail all the time. Does that suck for flight sim fans? Yes. Does it mean we should throw money away in droves at a non functioning product that is missing important features and has obviously been mismanaged? No it doesnt.

If COD fails (I hope not, and if they improve it I will fully support it) eventually someone else will fill the niche. Even if its the WOP team or something, considering WOP looks better then COD and its running on the IL2 engine...
Old 04-22-2011, 05:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
If you haven't seen them already, the reviews in German gaming magazines, on Gamespot and PC Gamer have panned the game.
Your point is …

Quote:
Maybe those reviews were deserved, but the fact is, if this game goes under, no one is going to suffer but us flight simmers.
Everyone that dished out fifty bucks is suffering now …

Quote:
All those posters on these boards who I see whining and complaining better understand something:
What they understand is they bought a game that went gold when it was still in its beta stage of development …

Quote:
If this game goes under, you will have nothing to do but whine. No game, no development, NOTHING.
They have spent 5 or 6 years developing it …

Quote:
The only smart thing to do at this point is to support the developers, give them POSITIVE feedback on issues.
If they want support and “POSITIVE” feedback they need to start a FAQ “DEVELOPERS FRIDAY UPDATE THREAD” and keep there customers up-to-date …

Quote:
Don't harp on issues which have been mentioned a hundred times, there is no point.
That’s going to happen … …

Quote:
Unless you WANT the game to fail.
Shirley, You Jest! There’s not a member here that wants that …

Quote:
I personally have bought a copy online, and will be buying another hard copy in the stores when it arrives.
I canceled both my preorders, but as soon as CoD available here in the US I will buy a collectors edition and a regular copy, but not as a beta game …

Quote:
DO NOT KID YOURSELF. THIS GAME IS ON THE EDGE.
Have some faith in the Oleg's Team … and try to be a bit more “POSITIVE”

Last edited by BP_Tailspin; 04-22-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:31 AM
Approved Member

I guess the upside is that pirates/ thieves will only hack into a product which won't work for them, what with updates only available through Steam and all
Intel 980x | eVGA X58 FTW | Intel 180Gb 520 SSD x 2 | eVGA GTX 580 | Corsair Vengeance 1600 x 12Gb | Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1) 64 bit | Corsair 550D | Corsair HX 1000 PSU | Eaton 1500va UPS | Warthog HOTAS w/- Saitek rudders | Samsung PX2370 Monitor | Deathadder 3500 mouse | MS X6 Keyboard | TIR4

Stand alone Collector's Edition
DCS Series

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:53 AM
Approved Member

I must say at this stage:

1) We need more information about the future patches/fixes and development to assure this sim is going to stay alive and prosper

2) We need more patches/fixes to bring the sim at well performing playable level

3) We need more patches/fixes to introduce rest of the functionality what has been left out due prematurely forced release

I stress to the Luthier and co. to start urgently very frequent news delivery for the public eager to know if and when there is hope to get remedies to the plaguing issues they have and have something to look for.

In the end of the day it takes couple of minutes of effort to formulate a news for the public but makes a huge difference on this very volatile situation.

Last edited by Damixu; 04-22-2011 at 05:59 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:09 AM
machoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damixu View Post

I stress to the Luthier and co. to start urgently very frequent news delivery

I race online using the pay subscription 'iracing' it is the best racing simulator made. Every 12 weeks a major update is released , with road maps ect given for future updates. We all know what is coming up. The service is 10/10.

Really this is what COD needs , no a subscription based ( although that is more profitable ) but regular updates on the situation.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:39 AM
Approved Member

DO NOT KID YOURSELF. THIS GAME IS ON THE EDGE

This game is not on the Edge, and thats a fact
Old 04-22-2011, 06:48 AM
Approved Member

Sometimes I am amazed to see what people waste their time and thoughts on.

This game has received the bad reviews because it is/was in a bad state. Period.

It is up to developers to limit the damage that has already been done and they are on the way of getting that right as far as I could tell.

We have supported the devs already in buying a beta.

If however the game fails, it is not the communities fault - we are here to point out what needs fixing. In our own words that is and that is also support.

Do yourself a favor and stop the fanboism and worshiping for once - the only feedback that will help in a long term is bad feedback, as paradox as it may sound. That is how this market and any market works so live with it. If something is broken and nobody points it out, it will not get fixed.

If you feel the urge to defend a piece of software as if it was your home, I strongly advice to rethink your priorities in life.

Last edited by 609_Huetz; 04-22-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:50 AM
Registered Member

hi "buzz"....

Iam tottaly agree with all of you.....

I am supporting the devs....
i believe that is the sim of the future....

developers keep the good job....WE ARE WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 07:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliocon View Post
I love the counter-whinning whinning. In the end its a buisness, they fail all the time. Does that suck for flight sim fans? Yes. Does it mean we should throw money away in droves at a non functioning product that is missing important features and has obviously been mismanaged? No it doesnt.

If COD fails (I hope not, and if they improve it I will fully support it) eventually someone else will fill the niche. Even if its the WOP team or something, considering WOP looks better then COD and its running on the IL2 engine...
WOP isn't using the old IL-2 engine, it uses its own gaming and graphics engine but Gaijen did borrowed aspects of the original IL-2 FM from Oleg.

There is no one filling the niche, unless Gaijen changes direction in its next sim, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that to happen. There is more money in doing sim light projects that require far less man hours to create. What most of us expect today out of a WW2 air combat sim is far to expensive and takes too long to create for very little profit margin. Thats why we've lost Microsoft, Micropose, Rowan etc. Hopefully Maddox Games survives or the future is very bleak for WW2 air combat simmers.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 04-22-2011, 07:15 AM
Approved Member

S!

Buzzsaw, you got valid points there. Sure the community could be a bit more contructive but that does not cover the fact that CoD was released in a state that is a bit odd. Considering 5-6 years was used to create it.

I shelled out money for CoD and sure will in future. It has the promise becoming the greatest sim. Just needs a lot of work. So as Damixu pointed out we could use "News Friday" or whatever to get a word from the man himself. No speculations after that. Something like machoo mentioned iRacing does, keeping their customers up to date regarding the game.

Patches are coming and before US release CoD will be in a much different state than now. These 3 patches have cured a lot of issues so dev team is on the right track. Now they just need a solid roadmap to follow and stick to it.