Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Approved Member

Default how the scoring system in CLOD?

Someone please tell me know how the scoring system in CLOD?

I'm asking because I've been checking the count does not match the times
Old 11-27-2012, 06:18 AM
Approved Member

I imagine you are referring to the way that the scoring system works on the ATAG server Apache?

Here's the way I believe it works.

If you shoot a 109 and only put one bullet into his plane, when he lands and the plane de-spawns you will get a score of 1.00 for him if no other plane or flak has hit him.

If you pilot kill someone at 5000m and the pilot hits [esc], creates another plane and the original plane does not crash because it's flying straight and level, you will not get any score at all because the plane will de-spawn before it hits the ground. (60 seconds after the pilot hits [esc])

If you shoot at a 109 and do a little bit of damage and then flak does more damage to the same plane you will get a proportional amount of the damage done as a score. Say you punctured a rad but the flak took out the engine completely you might get 0.10 and the flak would get 0.90. Same goes if two planes are shooting at the same 109; you'll share the kill based on who did the most critical damage.

Unfortunately the de-spawn script is almost always to blame for the lack of credit you may observe, the de-spawn is necessary though as if it were removed airfields would be littered with aircraft and eventually after a while the server would grind to a halt.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Keller View Post
If you pilot kill someone at 5000m and the pilot hits [esc], creates another plane and the original plane does not crash because it's flying straight and level, you will not get any score at all because the plane will de-spawn before it hits the ground. (60 seconds after the pilot hits [esc])
In the last few days I noticed something different on ATAG so I'm thinking somebody improved the despawn script. Pilot killed several players at high alt expecting to never get the kill but shortly after their planes just exploded. It appears that if somebody quits a plane in flight it will explode after ~10 seconds. Maybe Bliss or Colander can conform that and share the script with the community.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I imagine you are referring to the way that the scoring system works on the ATAG server Apache?

Here's the way I believe it works.

If you shoot a 109 and only put one bullet into his plane, when he lands and the plane de-spawns you will get a score of 1.00 for him if no other plane or flak has hit him.

If you shoot at a 109 and do a little bit of damage and then flak does more damage to the same plane you will get a proportional amount of the damage done as a score. Say you punctured a rad but the flak took out the engine completely you might get 0.10 and the flak would get 0.90. Same goes if two planes are shooting at the same 109; you'll share the kill based on who did the most critical damage.

Unfortunately the de-spawn script is almost always to blame for the lack of credit you may observe, the de-spawn is necessary though as if it were removed airfields would be littered with aircraft and eventually after a while the server would grind to a halt.

That's exactly my question ...

The scoring system can be different for each server?

Keller Thanks for your answer

Reagards
Old 11-27-2012, 01:41 PM
Approved Member

Wouldn't it be lovely if you got awarded less points for not landing after every sortie..
Like in original il2, pilots would be more incline to realistically land to rearm and gain maxim points rather than just bailing out for a fresh aircraft
Old 11-27-2012, 04:28 PM
Approved Member

I wish there was a way around the de-spawn script so that no points are awarded for a plane and pilot that return to friendly soil.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I wish there was a way around the de-spawn script so that no points are awarded for a plane and pilot that return to friendly soil.
Yes, in real life nobody would have got credit for an aircraft that returned home and was given a few patches and sent up again.
Similarly you would have got credit for a plane that the pilot had bailed out of even if it kept flying.

I understand why we need to despawn but, being ignorant of what scripts can do, it does not sound difficult to award points for an aircraft that the pilot has abandoned mid-air. As a programmer I understand though that sometimes what looks easy to the layman can sometimes be almost impossible...and vice versa
Old 11-27-2012, 05:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roblex View Post
Yes, in real life nobody would have got credit for an aircraft that returned home and was given a few patches and sent up again.
Similarly you would have got credit for a plane that the pilot had bailed out of even if it kept flying.

I understand why we need to despawn but, being ignorant of what scripts can do, it does not sound difficult to award points for an aircraft that the pilot has abandoned mid-air. As a programmer I understand though that sometimes what looks easy to the layman can sometimes be almost impossible...and vice versa
That's exactly how we have the ATAG server setup. The difference is a plane that despawns on the ground (that has been shot up) still acts as points. Old IL2 did this as well. But many of the pieces for this type of scoring system don't work in the MP environment. We have to make due with what we have.

ATAG Forums + Stats