Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Approved Member

I'm too busy relearning how to fly, and getting rid of all the bad habits that I picked up in the old series.

For fun I'll get back into hyper lobby and fly some online games but it's fairly large learning curve getting use to the new flight model.

cheers!
Old 04-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Approved Member

i was getting 80+ fps on a multiplayer map on med/low settings at 1360x769
and on high setting i was getting 30 fps over water in a 4x4 qmb

I think the game ill be fine on multiplayer maps
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 04-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Approved Member

No real major problems here,ok it could be improved but surely that's what they're doing.We've been given updates allready and more are on the way.

Face it guys Oleg was upfront about you all requiring top machines to run this,there was no hiding the fact.This is the future,you've just got to get the technology to run it correctly.If you have'nt upgraded your kit,don't grumble,you're not ready for it,simple.

There is no future in running iL1946,it's soooo dated,graphics,sound you name it it's all yesterday.Sim's like ROF and COD are with us now,wake up and smell the coffee.

Last edited by Plt Off JRB Meaker; 04-01-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Approved Member

Too busy trying out all this new stuff! The CEM is on some planes pretty hefty!
But great fun! Love the twin engine aircraft they are a real joy to fly. The single engine ones are a bit wobbely, but that does not bother me as I am more into bombers.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
I'm too busy relearning how to fly, and getting rid of all the bad habits that I picked up in the old series.

For fun I'll get back into hyper lobby and fly some online games but it's fairly large learning curve getting use to the new flight model.

cheers!
More or less this is my take on things as well. I'm not uninstalling IL2, but just flying around in CoD in one aircraft on an empty map is enough to keep me fully occupied until they iron out the performance issues. There's loads of new stuff to learn and while the lack of documentation is a bit daunting (i spent 10 minutes looking around the Ju88 cockpit for the electric master switch to complete my engine start and didn't find it ), i still like going through it all and discovering things on my own.

That being said i'm still tweaking all kinds of things, from Freetrack to in-game controls and that makes it a bit more time consuming. Especially since i decided to fly with full CEM and temp effects right from the get-go while using a single-slider stick.

I consider this my "conversion to type" training while they patch it up to be more playable and the knowledge base expands.