Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 06-26-2009, 02:05 AM
Registered Member

Default Force Patching

I still cant believe people are playing with the old patch.Maybe start forcing people to update there game for bigger community?
Old 06-26-2009, 05:10 AM
Approved Member

If this method of "forcing" was simply the game itself logging onto the net to d/l the next update - I think everyone else would agree that it'd be a nice feature..

However, you can't blame people for not updating their game when it's such a headache to do so...Especially for the people who don't visit forums often
Firstly they have to waste alot of time just figuring out which version they have, where to get the update..and which version to update to...Then there are some patches for the updates..
Not to mention there are updates for some versions while others still wait..How can you expect everyone to d/l an update if some aren't even capable of doing so yet?

I think in the future a bit more communication when patching games is required on the part of the developers...

Last edited by Nokturnal; 06-26-2009 at 05:15 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Approved Member

This is why Ubi has the auto update at start implemented in his games.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnal View Post
If this method of "forcing" was simply the game itself logging onto the net to d/l the next update - I think everyone else would agree that it'd be a nice feature..

However, you can't blame people for not updating their game when it's such a headache to do so...Especially for the people who don't visit forums often
Firstly they have to waste alot of time just figuring out which version they have, where to get the update..and which version to update to...Then there are some patches for the updates..
Not to mention there are updates for some versions while others still wait..How can you expect everyone to d/l an update if some aren't even capable of doing so yet?

I think in the future a bit more communication when patching games is required on the part of the developers...
Yes but now there is only two versions of patch,regular & metaboli,so no excuses now,so i agree with bigcracker.