Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Old 05-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Approved Member

Default Mixture control Spit?

I've assigned keys for decrease and increase mixture, but they seem to have no effect. The Spitfire clickable cockpit mixture control lever does not respond to Mouse point click, nor to the keys.

Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong?
Old 05-08-2013, 10:06 PM
Approved Member

You already check "Complex engine management" in Options > "Realism"?

Mixture lever work in all Spit versions, but have only two positions "Rich" or "Lean".

From TF wiki manuals:

Quote:
CARBURETOR MIXTURE

The engine is equipped with a carburetor which allows the pilot to select either 'Rich' or 'Lean' mixtures. 'Rich' mixture is used in all normal situations, takeoff, landing, climb, combat. 'Lean' mixture is only used to conserve fuel in level flight Cruise settings, and only when boost is set to '+1' or lower, and rpms to 2600 or lower. Use of 'Lean' mixture setting at higher rpms or boost will result in the destruction of the engine.
In practice dont worth change mixture adjust.

In Hurricane (and DH-82) mixture lever movement depend on throttle position.

Sokol1

Last edited by Sokol1; 05-08-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:56 AM
Approved Member

I cannot get the Rich-lean mixture to work. Have assigned key 9 and 0 to lean and rich. No effect. I try to use mouse pointter-click...No effect. Yes, I am set in Realism Options for CEM. All other controls work, with keys or mouse clicks.

Also, on another matter, the Wiki manual for Spit talks about Boost settings. Could someone explain how, when, why one should change "Boost" settings? In Controls, there is a "Boost Cut-out" Key option, and also several "Slow-running Cut Out" key options. I can find no explanation of those functions/keys.

ANy help will be appreciated.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I cannot get the Rich-lean mixture to work. Have assigned key 9 and 0 to lean and rich. No effect. I try to use mouse pointter-click...No effect. Yes, I am set in Realism Options for CEM. All other controls work, with keys or mouse clicks.
you are using old CloD version?

Quote:
Also, on another matter, the Wiki manual for Spit talks about Boost settings. Could someone explain how, when, why one should change "Boost" settings? In Controls, there is a "Boost Cut-out" Key option,...
This control "Boost Cut-out" should by called: "Boost Cut-out off".

Boost Cut-Out (off): ON - disable a compressor relief valve that allow you use additional manifold pressure for limited time.

Boost Cut-Out (off): OFF - enable the relief valve that limit manifold pressure at safe values.

Think that you can see this like il-2(1946) "WEP".

Quote:
and also several "Slow-running Cut Out" key options. I can find no explanation of those functions/keys.
This command is to properly shut down the engine(s).
Press and hold until engine is turned off.
Optionally you can use only "Slow-running Cut Out" instead for engine #1, #2... in multi-motor planes select engine 1, 2 before use "Slow-running Cut Out".

Sokol1
Old 05-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Approved Member

If you are on the ground and your throttle is closed (fully back) the mixture is always on rich (fully back, too). You only can set the mixture to lean (fully forward) when the throttle lever is beyond a certain point toward forward. Test it (without engine running): Thottle full open (fully forward), mixture lean (fully forward). Slowly close throttle and you can see the mixture lever snap backwards at a certain point of the throttle lever movement...

...and no key, no mouse, no force, and no goddess will make it go forward again as long as the throttle is not moved forward first. Not a bug, by the way.

Artist

-------------------------------------------------------------
Old 05-09-2013, 07:35 PM
Approved Member

Today I got the Mixture keys (Increase and Decrease) to work...but not consistently. I cannot adjust Lean to Rich before engine start...it seems that I cannot get it to work until after take-off.

I occasionally get this ERROR message, below, when I first hit the "Decrease" Key:

ERROR: Hiermesh:
Can't find chunk
xLampFuel

It seems to occur at my very first attempt to change Mixture from lean to rich (nothing happens). However, when I hit decrease key and then the increase key a second time, it seems that it does now usually work, going to Rich.

Very frustrating as my many trouble-shooting trial and error attempts to figure this out don't seem to come up with consistent results.

I'll keep trying. I'm understanding anthropomorphic option better now....I am thinking that may lie at the heart of my problem...Maybe!
Old 05-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist View Post
If you are on the ground and your throttle is closed (fully back) the mixture is always on rich (fully back, too). You only can set the mixture to lean (fully forward) when the throttle lever is beyond a certain point toward forward. Test it (without engine running): Thottle full open (fully forward), mixture lean (fully forward). Slowly close throttle and you can see the mixture lever snap backwards at a certain point of the throttle lever movement...

...and no key, no mouse, no force, and no goddess will make it go forward again as long as the throttle is not moved forward first. Not a bug, by the way.

Artist
Thanks. Your resposne and a few posts i finally discovered at ATAG forums about the Mixture issue (originally an issue that was fixed). I see now how the Mixture and Throttle functions are related to each other. Thanks again.

Ignore my last post which passed yours mid-way across the internet.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:28 PM
Approved Member

Hmmmm...

Something is still not quite right.

In the INFO window for engine status, whether I have selected analog (the vertical graph-bars) or digital Letters and percentages, it shows RICH (100%) when the Mixture lever is fully forward, not fully back.

I assume these two Spit tutorials below are outdated...since they show full movement of the Mixture control-lever regardless of position of the throttle. I assume a patch (TF MOD??) 'fixed' that feature in late 2012?

http://www.youtube.com/embed/t6OJkp2...d=1&autoplay=1

Still, only when I put the mixture control lever fully forward does the Info window show 100% [Rich]

What am I missing here?
Old 05-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Approved Member

According to the bugtracker at tfbt.nuvturais.de the mixture lever position was wrongly reversed until the very last patch from 1C, which fixed that issue (before Team Fusion took over). Possibly the info-window output is still reversed...

There's a strange thing with me, when I start my Spit: The mixture will be initially (wrongly, and not according to the visible lever position, which is backward = rich) lean - until I once pressed the lean-key first and then the rich-key. After that, everything is fine and I can ignite the engine.

Got used to it.

Artist

-------------------------------------------------------------
Old 05-09-2013, 10:02 PM
Approved Member

Still very confusing to me...Here's what I see.

I think the lever fully back is giving me Rich, based on performance...Even though the Info Window says it is 0% [Lean] I can't tell for sure yet...

Last edited by DoolittleRaider; 05-09-2013 at 10:08 PM.