Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Old 11-23-2012, 03:11 PM
Approved Member

109 was very good before the patches (in relation to the spit and hurri). Now not so much, but as Krupi mentioned, it still dives and climbes better. This is at least something. But still, it feels almost like 1944 although its EARLY war.

I fly online a lot on ATAG and it's tons of fun. But if you meet a Spit or even a Hurri not like 1k above but on the same level you better run. How are you suppose to win battles like this? 109 is a defensive plane, you can survive if you really want to. Also you can fight quite well if you stay organised with your squat.

But it's such a bummer, that the biggest advantage, the boom and zoom, is so hard to to since the game has this f*** blind spot (for both blue and red of course) in like 700 - 1300m, where the dot of your enemy just disappears. So you loose your target rather fast and the red plane's gone.

This also happens for red players, but since they turn and burn more often it's not that much of a disadvantage.

Also, it's maybe only me but, I've been flying Il2 ever since the first Demo in 2001 and considered myself as a not so terrible shooter. But riding a 109 I couldn't hit UK by flying over it (yes even with tweaked convergence). If I online hop in a Red plane, what sadly becomes more often (in Il2 I NEVER flew red), I have a lot more kills period. I also can use boom and zoom pretty well as well as turn and burn.

In my 109 I've vulched Calais Marck at Dunkerque pretty often (sorry about that reds and it's fun. But I always have to fly like 1.5k away and re-engage. Then, most of the reds have taken off already.
But dare you the whole ATAG Squad comes over to Estree, you'd better hit the off button and go to sleep because they just turn 100m above the airfield and you don't have a chance to take off whatsoever for like 10 -15 minutes (no bad feelings here, it's war however).

I liked the 109 VERY much in the "early days" it was maybe almost too good in relation to the red planes (or the reds were too bad, I can't say becaus then I didn't actually had to fly them), but 1C didn't only improove the reds (for good) but also gave a pretty gory castration to the blues.

I hope there will be some changes to the fms again, when this whole thing goes free2play with buyable planes. Untill that I only fly 109 if I have to (when my Kommodore gives me the order to do so or fly the beloved and pretty darn well modeled Heinkel 111, or even Red.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:16 PM
Approved Member

Yeah but try shootings down a Stuka.

That is MY fighter of choicein CloD! Turns like a Hurricane, armoured like a tank. Awesome 3 MG firepower and can shoot backwards too.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:43 PM
Approved Member

True, the Stuka is a very nice and well done peace of gear. And so is the 110. For ground attack the blues aren´t badly set up we just lack of fighters...
Old 11-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaaid View Post
and what is even better german engineering nostalgics(i include myself since i love that non obsolescence) will ride them to let them be your target

not that i believe 109s were so bad in front of spits IN REAL LIFE but tell me a single game in which the 109 excels the spit

as a matter of fact in early games like european air war spit was only superior to 109 in manouberilty but as in real life in game life people soon discovered the key was speed and coms in posterior years you could check how engineering history was revisioned once more and the spit then could even match in speed the 109 and in most games spits would even out run 109 while in the past they just out manouber them

the irony is THIS GAME GOT TURNING RATE BOTH FOR 109 AND SPIT BALANCED AT FIRST, the first thing i did when i got this game was stop watch turning rate and both sides were equal, now its ridiculous biased towards spit, 109 is a brick

my opinion:

theres a conspiracy to make english speaking engineering appear better than north europe one and paying fees to game to make it this way, call it advertisement

theres a big fight on this think of f1 and if you look at economy one would say war just changed field and name of things

edit:

imagine luthier sending emails to rolls royc and wenzler im making THE GAME on wwii whose paying more for his engines being uber

come on think of movies how much do they get so the main charachter drinks cocacola instead of pepsi, i still buy levis strauss because of back to the future
Troll needs to work on his grammar skills.

In fact, the 109's haven't changed in their flight modelling since before the most recent patch.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:39 PM
Approved Member

raaaids posted garbage again, surprised i am not.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:20 PM
Approved Member

oh sorry at least that measn i havent for a while

when i was flying the hurricane i had the feeling the 109 was uber when i tried the spit II i had the feeling the 109 was porked

im not the only one who things that FROM THE GAME START the 109 has been progresivily porked with each patch concerning turning rate

arent most games in the end revisionist history?

I PREFER TO LOVE WITHOUT BEING LOVED THAT NOT LOVE AT ALL
Old 11-24-2012, 01:11 AM
Approved Member

and another 90° turn by raaaid. if he were a ww2 fighter, he could bloody well turn on a dime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Sqn_Banks View Post
The devs need to continue to tweak the FM balance until there is equal amount of whining from both sides.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:40 AM
Approved Member

I don't normally correct people's spelling... but

Please .....please .....learn how to spell Messerschmitt.

The way you've spelled it, makes me think of a cross between a messerschmitt and a mitchell, with cheese
Old 11-25-2012, 08:28 PM
Approved Member

Keep on eating those crayons raaaaid you crazy window licker you.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:08 AM
Approved Member

Post about the "Messerschmich" ... hehe, ...

.... compared to the Hurri and the Spit, the BF109 in CloD turns like a lame duck. In how far that is "realistic" I dont know, bet in reality it turned much better than in the "simulation".

But I found out that they (Spit & Hurri) are not so hard to shoot down, you just have to practice deflection shooting ( I guess that`s what the german "mit Vorhalt schiessen" translates?). Even on the deck above an enemy airbase it is not impossible to shoot them down.

When you are still flying several hundred meters behind the Spit shoot a short burst at it. Doesent need to hit, just makes the pilot aware there is someone behind him. He will automatically like all the reds start turning into your direction. Just check if he starts turning left or right then bring your nose into a position in front of his turning direction and shoot.
The probability to get a serious hit is high. Once he is hit (not killed) it`s over with his superior maneuverability and you get him.

One factor that is also important, "luck" of course.

Last edited by Pluto; 11-26-2012 at 08:11 AM.