Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Approved Member

I guess the devs' idea was that a mission maker defines historical loadouts for missions and campaigns, not a player.

It is possible to copy and paste key settings to a separate text file if you want to delete the old one.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
However in many cases when people complain in TS that their guns do not fire they just assume that they have to see a tracer coming from every gun and separate splashes on the water when a group of 3-4 guns creates one bigger splash because guns are located very close together.

What is strange is: I edit "Cross Country" mission just to put a "Boresight board", save and same folder.

Run the mission (graphics options all switchs ON.) - from game menu, not from FMB - select Spit 1 with default loadout, since I am no able to change this from menu.

Change convergences for 1000.

Taxi SPit to front Boresight board, and fire. See four hits for each wing. OK.

Note, If fire with some angle, the board go down.

Then I take off, put game in slow motion and shot in a nearby river, with plane diving maybe 15 ~20 meters from water, and see only two splash groups... ???

Why not 3 splash for each wing, since MG 3-4 and 6-7 are groupeds?

Sokol1
Old 11-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Approved Member

I'm a bit curious, is it set in stone that every bullet hit in water (or ground) actually shows the impact graphics?

I don't think it's the case.

A two second burst with the British planes means like 250-300 bullet impacts. I don't think that it does display that many bullet impacts, but i might just make a screenshot and count.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Approved Member

This is probably a water simulation optimization to increase FPS.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt255 View Post
I'm a bit curious, is it set in stone that every bullet hit in water (or ground) actually shows the impact graphics?

I don't think it's the case.

A two second burst with the British planes means like 250-300 bullet impacts. I don't think that it does display that many bullet impacts, but i might just make a screenshot and count.
This is most likely the case with all bullet strikes on all surfaces, even aircraft. Rendering 250 rounds a second and their impact flashes plus decals would be a CPU's nightmare.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Approved Member

I'm still not sure ...

Is this thread about the convergence of red players paranoia about being disadvantaged with the general perception that every part of this game is bugged in some small way?

I can't be bothered testing every piece of misinformation being earnestly spread by well meaning people on this forum.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Approved Member

Red face Me 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torian View Post
Just a heads up to check to see if all of your guns are actually firing bullets. I heard 1 or 2 pilots comment about how not all of their guns were actually firing bullets even tho the loadout was filled. I found this to be the case with a couple of my planes (I fly all of them from time to time). I found the 2 outside guns were actually firing bullets but the 2 inboard weren't even tho the flash was still coming out of the muzzles. So I had been flying around for who knows how long with only half my guns actually working. I didn't pick up on it earlier because I mostly only had tracers on my 2 outside guns. Some of my loadouts don't have tracers at all. To check my planes I created a multiplayer game and tested loadouts. Sure enuff some had the glitch. So I recreated the loadouts and did some testing with and without tracers (firing into the water to check for splash) until I ensured that all guns were actually sending out bullets. I need to do more testing along these lines but thought I would share this finding so u can all check.

Yes i had this happen just the 1 time (offline).
Had to restart game and alls fine since.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme262 View Post
I'm still not sure ...

Is this thread about the convergence of red players paranoia about being disadvantaged with the general perception that every part of this game is bugged in some small way?

I can't be bothered testing every piece of misinformation being earnestly spread by well meaning people on this forum.
Ignorance is bliss.......
Old 11-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
Ignorance is bliss.......
+1
I kinda wish ostriches really do stick their heads in the sand to make the analogy more appropriate. Alas even ostriches have more common sense than folk who believe that any heads up info about issues that SOME players MAY find applicable is a misinformation campaign by us losers who like flying Brit planes.

"I can't be bothered testing every piece of misinformation..." So how do tell what is misinformation or information that may be useful? Granted, sometimes the testing process can be a tad tedious. Might just be easier to label it all as misinformation and sound more knowledgeable than us poor disadvantaged paranoid red players.
For me, personally, I like to work smarter...not harder. It's been much easier to bring down planes using all 8 guns than just 2 or 4. So I guess I'm not disadvantaged anymore....dang. Not to worry, I'll just stop my medication and let the paranoia come back and fill this aching void by once again bathing in the glow of the forum flames emanating from more misinformation.
I hope u are not in the health profession. We tend to test everything before we use it..."can't be bothered" is difficult to defend in court.
24 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz
Win 7 64bit Pro

Laptop
Asus G73JW
Intel i7 740 quad core 1.76Ghz
nVidia GTX460 mobility 1.5GB DDR5
8GB DDR3 ram @ 1333mhz
Win 7 64bit Home Premium
Old 11-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torian View Post
Just a heads up to check to see if all of your guns are actually firing bullets. I heard 1 or 2 pilots comment about how not all of their guns were actually firing bullets even tho the loadout was filled. I found this to be the case with a couple of my planes (I fly all of them from time to time). I found the 2 outside guns were actually firing bullets but the 2 inboard weren't even tho the flash was still coming out of the muzzles. So I had been flying around for who knows how long with only half my guns actually working. I didn't pick up on it earlier because I mostly only had tracers on my 2 outside guns. Some of my loadouts don't have tracers at all. To check my planes I created a multiplayer game and tested loadouts. Sure enuff some had the glitch. So I recreated the loadouts and did some testing with and without tracers (firing into the water to check for splash) until I ensured that all guns were actually sending out bullets. I need to do more testing along these lines but thought I would share this finding so u can all check.
OP's question has been answered.
Closed Thread