Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 12:06 PM
71st_Mastiff

that's why I know it works as I have my convergence set from; guns/meter; 1,8/299, 7,6/183, 3,6/174, down to 4,5/163.
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc
Old 10-28-2012, 12:33 PM
Approved Member

In single player loadout is a part of a mission file, not aircraft setting AFAIK. You can open any single player mission(including QMB ones) in FMB to check what loadouts a player's aircraft has in this particular mission.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plt Off JRB Meaker View Post
This is really interesting,shoot me down in flames if I'm wrong,but if you have your convergence set up correctly,would'nt that give you your two sets of splashes,ie,the two banks of guns converging into the water at the same time?.......I'm asking as I'm not sure.

I will have to look into this,I don't want to be shooting blanks,like a Jaffa
Absolutely -- if you're aiming at a point at the water which is at your convergence distance.

That's why I deliberately set the convergences at such huge differences from each pair of guns for testing purposes. Shooting into water was only to confirm what I could also see visually with the different streams of tracer. The huge plumes thrown up indicated that bullets were actually coming out, not just a pretty light show.

But JB, please consider this: if you set the convergence of your guns at 1000 meters, then shoot at the water 200 meters away as you're flying low -- you will see each gun's bullets hitting a separate track in the water. Yes, if you held an aiming point 1000 meters away you'd see only one huge splash -- but that wouldn't be useful in this case. Also, two outboard guns vs the full eight guns is a VERY noticeable difference at any distance
Old 10-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Approved Member

Ahhh yes,of course,spot on Snapper,makes sense,thanks for that.......I had'nt even thought of changing my convergence to get the result we need to clarify,thanks buddy,will try this out

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!
Old 10-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBiSoMeM View Post
Adjust in FMB ao after go online. Works nice here! Thanks guys!
Thanks but when you say 'adjust'.. err what do you mean. I have the loadout set up as i want, so do i just delete them and redo them in FMB (not that i even know how to do that) and then they will work in MP.

I've never used the FMB, so do i just add one of every plane and give them a loadout that i want and save the mission? And then everything will work?

It just sounds a bit unlikely. I just want to make sure i understand what i need to do before i waste an hour figuring out how to do this and probably do it wrong anyway!

EDIT: maybe someone who has done this can post their user.ini file and i can just use that!

Last edited by MadTommy; 10-28-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTommy View Post
Thanks but when you say 'adjust'.. err what do you mean. I have the loadout set up as i want, so do i just delete them and redo them in FMB (not that i even know how to do that) and then they will work in MP.

I've never used the FMB, so do i just add one of every plane and give them a loadout that i want and save the mission? And then everything will work?

It just sounds a bit unlikely. I just want to make sure i understand what i need to do before i waste an hour figuring out how to do this and probably do it wrong anyway!

EDIT: maybe someone who has done this can post their user.ini file and i can just use that!
Go to FMB.

Create a Spitfire, as example.

Set this aircraft as player controled.

Set the ammo belts you want, save.

Run the mission.

After you exit this mission, you'll have this "default" ammo belts loaded in your aircraft in MP. You just need to adjust convergence and fuel.

Works here!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBiSoMeM View Post
Go to FMB.

Create a Spitfire, as example.

Set this aircraft as player controled.

Set the ammo belts you want, save.

Run the mission.

After you exit this mission, you'll have this "default" ammo belts loaded in your aircraft in MP. You just need to adjust convergence and fuel.

Works here!
Ok thanks for the explanation. Bit of a PITA, but such is life.

Cheers
Old 10-28-2012, 07:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
No way to tell. Earlier I got 2 sets of splashes in the water from my outboard guns; afterward I got 8 sets of splashes. That's all I can report.
The fact that you're seeing 2 different splash patterns tells me the sim is picking up the extra guns being fired as the damage model "should" also model world damage from ordinance. So I would assume this does affect damage on aircraft.

This is a huge bug and should be fixed no matter what Illya says. Not everyone will have the know-how to fix this on thier own.

Edit: Just read the fix ... so I take back that not everyone will know how to fix it. Still should be fixed though, I know I'm going to forget to do this before jumping online

Last edited by AirHog71; 10-28-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:25 PM
Approved Member

Is this trick with FMB to be done EVERY time before going online?
Old 10-28-2012, 09:13 PM
Approved Member

I don't understand. How many people are actually having this problem? I'm sure all my guns are working when I shoot the water, but there is no way to ensure you are firing a blip of 1 round from each gun.

Also, what causes this to happen?
Closed Thread