Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 05:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torian View Post
Just a heads up to check to see if all of your guns are actually firing bullets. I heard 1 or 2 pilots comment about how not all of their guns were actually firing bullets even tho the loadout was filled. I found this to be the case with a couple of my planes (I fly all of them from time to time). I found the 2 outside guns were actually firing bullets but the 2 inboard weren't even tho the flash was still coming out of the muzzles. So I had been flying around for who knows how long with only half my guns actually working. I didn't pick up on it earlier because I mostly only had tracers on my 2 outside guns. Some of my loadouts don't have tracers at all. To check my planes I created a multiplayer game and tested loadouts. Sure enuff some had the glitch. So I recreated the loadouts and did some testing with and without tracers (firing into the water to check for splash) until I ensured that all guns were actually sending out bullets. I need to do more testing along these lines but thought I would share this finding so u can all check.
Well there you go. I saw this while back, when firing into water. Only two sets of splashes, which were the tracers. The other guns were flashing but no bullets. Even on bombers,when shot at, only seem to be taking damage from the guns that have tracer rounds.

I wonder if the damage we're doing represents 8 guns and not just two?
Old 10-28-2012, 05:52 AM
Approved Member

Salute

I tested my guns, by putting yellow tracers on the outboard guns on both sides, and red tracers on the inboard on both sides.

That way I could watch the fire from both sides and check both sides were working. I also checked by firing blip bursts into water, when I could see all 8 rounds hit.

My guns were fine, but previously I had manually copied and pasted all my guns settings into the "User" file in my "Documents/1C Softclub/il2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/ after I had problems with getting the 100 octane Spit to accept custom settings. People might want to try this if they are getting problems.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF_Mastiff View Post
yes same problem, I was able to get all my guns Ammo Load-outs to work under the single missions, with the adjustments made in FMB. But that's the only place it will work.

see this post about it..

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35262
OK, I tried Mastiff's suggestion to adjust loadouts in FMB and it seems to work ie. the load outs carry over to online (ATAG Server #1).

Per his suggestion, I opened FMB, made a simple "mission", in this case just a Spitfire Mark 1a 100 octane over the English Channel. In Properties I designated it as the "player" aircraft, then still in Properties I clicked on the Load out button to bring up the load out menu for all 8 guns.

For testing purposes I chose different colour tracers for each of the 8 guns, along with the usual AP, deWilde, Ball VII, etc. Did a "save as", giving it a unique file name "Snappers brew" for quick identification. Hit OK. Did a quick test over the water; all guns were spewing out their tracers into the water. There is no provision to adjust horizontal/vertical convergence in FMB that I could see -- hitting Options/Plane/loadout when playing the mission within FMB doesn't allow you to do it.

Exited FMB, logged onto the ATAG Server. At Gravesend selected the Spitfire Mark 1a 100 octane and low and behold: Snappers brew was available as a loadout for this aircraft. A quick check verified the loadouts were exactly as I had assigned them in FMB. I could also now adjust convergences. I chose a wide dispersion from 1000 yards (outboard guns) down to 150 yards (inboard guns). No one was around , so I did a quick check sitting on the field -- easy to see all eight guns throwing their multi coloured strings of tracer. Presumably the other loads in with them (AP, deWilde, ball #VII) were also going out. Adjusted the convergence down to a more reasonable dispersion and went hunting. Shot down a 109, then got shot down myself in a suicide run over Occupied Manston airfield.

What a pain. But it seems to work. Lots better than shooting 2 guns out of 8, with the rest being blanks!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
OK, I tried Mastiff's suggestion to adjust loadouts in FMB and it seems to work ie. the load outs carry over to online (ATAG Server #1).

Per his suggestion, I opened FMB, made a simple "mission", in this case just a Spitfire Mark 1a 100 octane over the English Channel. In Properties I designated it as the "player" aircraft, then still in Properties I clicked on the Load out button to bring up the load out menu for all 8 guns.

For testing purposes I chose different colour tracers for each of the 8 guns, along with the usual AP, deWilde, Ball VII, etc. Did a "save as", giving it a unique file name "Snappers brew" for quick identification. Hit OK. Did a quick test over the water; all guns were spewing out their tracers into the water. There is no provision to adjust horizontal/vertical convergence in FMB that I could see -- hitting Options/Plane/loadout when playing the mission within FMB doesn't allow you to do it.

Exited FMB, logged onto the ATAG Server. At Gravesend selected the Spitfire Mark 1a 100 octane and low and behold: Snappers brew was available as a loadout for this aircraft. A quick check verified the loadouts were exactly as I had assigned them in FMB. I could also now adjust convergences. I chose a wide dispersion from 1000 yards (outboard guns) down to 150 yards (inboard guns). No one was around , so I did a quick check sitting on the field -- easy to see all eight guns throwing their multi coloured strings of tracer. Presumably the other loads in with them (AP, deWilde, ball #VII) were also going out. Adjusted the convergence down to a more reasonable dispersion and went hunting. Shot down a 109, then got shot down myself in a suicide run over Occupied Manston airfield.

What a pain. But it seems to work. Lots better than shooting 2 guns out of 8, with the rest being blanks!
Just to confirm mate, the damage you do with the 8 is more than the 2?

Just wondering if all this time I've been doing one quarter of the damage than what I should have been doing, or the game give the same either way?

Cheers
Old 10-28-2012, 08:22 AM
Approved Member

This is one nasty bug.

EDIT:

I just tested two planes and it appears both were only using outer most guns.. but not 100% sure.

What is the best method to resolve this? Bit confused.

Last edited by MadTommy; 10-28-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:58 AM
Approved Member

I remember reading about this problem awhile back, its also probably what makes people wonder if ammo is modeled correctly, if you have guns 4 & 5 with AP, and the rest with De Wilde, but only 4 & 5 are firing, figures why some folks are not seeing planes burst into flames. Its probably why some weeks I do well with kills, then they drop until I start tweaking ammo belts again.

Sometimes I look at this sim and think wow, other times, its like
Backward convergences, Guns not firing, blah blah blah.
Best part is, as much as this community gets under the skin sometimes, if it wasn't for the people here picking the game to shreds, half of these problems would have been left un-noticed.

Maddox Games really need to pull their socks up for BoM.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTommy View Post
This is one nasty bug.

EDIT:

I just tested two planes and it appears both were only using outer most guns.. but not 100% sure.

What is the best method to resolve this? Bit confused.
Adjust in FMB ao after go online. Works nice here! Thanks guys!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by banned View Post
Just to confirm mate, the damage you do with the 8 is more than the 2?

Just wondering if all this time I've been doing one quarter of the damage than what I should have been doing, or the game give the same either way?

Cheers
No way to tell. Earlier I got 2 sets of splashes in the water from my outboard guns; afterward I got 8 sets of splashes. That's all I can report.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:20 AM
Approved Member

This is really interesting,shoot me down in flames if I'm wrong,but if you have your convergence set up correctly,would'nt that give you your two sets of splashes,ie,the two banks of guns converging into the water at the same time?.......I'm asking as I'm not sure.

I will have to look into this,I don't want to be shooting blanks,like a Jaffa

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!

Last edited by Plt Off JRB Meaker; 10-28-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Approved Member

I seem to have it in single-player as well.... this explains a lot....