Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 01:02 AM
Approved Member

Default Check that all your guns on the Brit fighters are actually firing bullets

Just a heads up to check to see if all of your guns are actually firing bullets. I heard 1 or 2 pilots comment about how not all of their guns were actually firing bullets even tho the loadout was filled. I found this to be the case with a couple of my planes (I fly all of them from time to time). I found the 2 outside guns were actually firing bullets but the 2 inboard weren't even tho the flash was still coming out of the muzzles. So I had been flying around for who knows how long with only half my guns actually working. I didn't pick up on it earlier because I mostly only had tracers on my 2 outside guns. Some of my loadouts don't have tracers at all. To check my planes I created a multiplayer game and tested loadouts. Sure enuff some had the glitch. So I recreated the loadouts and did some testing with and without tracers (firing into the water to check for splash) until I ensured that all guns were actually sending out bullets. I need to do more testing along these lines but thought I would share this finding so u can all check.
24 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz
Win 7 64bit Pro

Laptop
Asus G73JW
Intel i7 740 quad core 1.76Ghz
nVidia GTX460 mobility 1.5GB DDR5
8GB DDR3 ram @ 1333mhz
Win 7 64bit Home Premium
Old 10-28-2012, 01:31 AM
Approved Member

I personally don't understand how that could have happened.

Do you mean there were no bullet types at all loaded into some of your guns or the bullet types were there but 'glitched'?
Old 10-28-2012, 01:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torian View Post
Just a heads up to check to see if all of your guns are actually firing bullets. I heard 1 or 2 pilots comment about how not all of their guns were actually firing bullets even tho the loadout was filled. I found this to be the case with a couple of my planes (I fly all of them from time to time). I found the 2 outside guns were actually firing bullets but the 2 inboard weren't even tho the flash was still coming out of the muzzles. So I had been flying around for who knows how long with only half my guns actually working. I didn't pick up on it earlier because I mostly only had tracers on my 2 outside guns. Some of my loadouts don't have tracers at all. To check my planes I created a multiplayer game and tested loadouts. Sure enuff some had the glitch. So I recreated the loadouts and did some testing with and without tracers (firing into the water to check for splash) until I ensured that all guns were actually sending out bullets. I need to do more testing along these lines but thought I would share this finding so u can all check.
Cant be true -surley...
Old 10-28-2012, 01:49 AM
Approved Member

I know this is going to sound a bit too simplistic but are you sure it isn't just a tracer issue ie, the absence of tracer on some of the loadouts?
Old 10-28-2012, 02:42 AM
71st_Mastiff

yes same problem, I was able to get all my guns Ammo Load-outs to work under the single missions, with the adjustments made in FMB. But that's the only place it will work.

see this post about it..

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35262
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc
Old 10-28-2012, 02:56 AM
Approved Member

Yep, just checked. Only my two outboard guns were actually shooting bullets, although all eight guns were showing muzzle flashes. Tested this over water....only two sets of splashes. Then I loaded the "default" loading -- eight sets of splashes on the water.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:38 AM
Approved Member

Huge bug.

Someone ask Luthier to assign someone to solve this without we know, and put this "ghost" update on Steam, please...

It's a simple bug. Solve it, it's not "development os CloD", it's just consumers respect.

Bye!
Old 10-28-2012, 04:05 AM
Approved Member

I was doing some tests on the Battle-Box server 5 minutes ago and the Spit IIa there was firing all 8 guns when I conducted different tracer tests for them.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torian View Post
Are you talking about online flying or single mission?
Old 10-28-2012, 05:03 AM
Approved Member

24 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz
Win 7 64bit Pro

Laptop
Asus G73JW
Intel i7 740 quad core 1.76Ghz
nVidia GTX460 mobility 1.5GB DDR5
8GB DDR3 ram @ 1333mhz
Win 7 64bit Home Premium
Closed Thread