Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Old 10-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Approved Member

Default Mixture

Hi, do you know why I have to set lean mixture from the take off?
otherwise the engine start vibrating.
My understanding was that you fly with rich and only at high altitudes you switch to lean.
can you help me?
thanks
ciao
Old 10-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Approved Member

Hi bob_baer,

Hopefully the link below will be helpful if it's the RAF fighters you are referring to. For all RAF fighters, the mixture lever should be pulled all the way back in Full Rich position for take off, climbing, fighting, landing, and general sight seeing. The fully forward position of the mixture lever is Auto Lean, which is only used for level cruise at reduced boost and medium rpm settings to conserve fuel (rarely a concern in Cliffs of Dover -- the 109 pilots see to that).

Hope this helps!

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...80&postcount=2
Old 10-28-2012, 08:42 AM
Approved Member

Infact that was my understanding. But in the game the engine is not working with rich mixture. You don't have this problem?
Ciao
Old 10-28-2012, 09:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
Hi bob_baer,

Hopefully the link below will be helpful if it's the RAF fighters you are referring to. For all RAF fighters, the mixture lever should be pulled all the way back in Full Rich position for take off, climbing, fighting, landing, and general sight seeing. The fully forward position of the mixture lever is Auto Lean, which is only used for level cruise at reduced boost and medium rpm settings to conserve fuel (rarely a concern in Cliffs of Dover -- the 109 pilots see to that).

Hope this helps!

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...80&postcount=2
Great info,Thank You

Patrick
Old 11-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_baer View Post
Infact that was my understanding. But in the game the engine is not working with rich mixture. You don't have this problem?
Ciao
Just eliminating the obvious...u do know that mixture orientation has been fixed in the latest patches (not sure if u have been offline for a while).
As Snapper has said u don't need to touch the mixture. Just leave it pulled back toward u. A couple of the Brit fighters need 5-10% throttle open to kick over (the IIa doesn't). If u are still having problems I suggest u get onto the ATAG Teamspeak server and chat with pilots there. I'm sure there would be some1 who can talk u thru what is happening. If ur engine is vibrating u may be needing some basic engine management info. Do u use throttle quadrants that may have been messed with/inverted?
24 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz
Win 7 64bit Pro

Laptop
Asus G73JW
Intel i7 740 quad core 1.76Ghz
nVidia GTX460 mobility 1.5GB DDR5
8GB DDR3 ram @ 1333mhz
Win 7 64bit Home Premium