Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > IL2 Mods, discussion and links

Old 11-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Approved Member

Default HSFX vs UP vs Zuti vs JGSME????

I haven't followed all of the upgrade mods for IL-2 and am a bit confused.
I currently have a clean (no mod) version of 4.11.1 installed and running in Windows 7. I also have Tracker IR5 if that matters.

Do all of these mods (HSFX vs UP vs Zuti vs JGSME) work in conjunction with each other or are they different mods from different companies? Are there other mods out there that I missed?

What should or shouldn't I install? And in what order? Confused???

TIA,
Old 11-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Approved Member

The HSFX and the UP are completely different packages. I prefer HSFX myself, so I'd like to advise you to try it
Old 11-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Approved Member

if you want 4.11 stuff, then HSFX.

if you don't mind going back to 4.10 crap ai then go for UP3
Old 11-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Approved Member

HSFX & UP are mod packs for IL2 1946. Zuti is a person and Zuti's MDS (Moving Dogfigtht Server .. a dogfight server with an AI component in aircraft and/or objects) was originally a mod for IL2 1946. As of 4.10 it is now in the stock sim. The JSGME is a mod enabler or switcher (Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler).

HSFX & UP both use the JSGME to enable the mods in their packs. Team Diadalos is the team authorized by Oleg Maddox & 1C to continue working on IL2. Every patch since 4.09 I thin it was was done by TD. HSFX is willing to work in conjunction with TD so that they can stay in line with the official patches as far as what mods it allowed. UP was not willing to do this there fore UP is only viable up to 4.10 as far as being able to install it over a stock version of the sim. IMO Zuti's MDS is one of the the most important improvements for this sim. The basics work fine in the stock sim and therefore in HSFX but from my understanding there are some more complex features in it that do not work well in the stock sim but as long as you can do without those features like rearm and repair ... which are not show stoppers IMO .. then it will work in HSFX or the stock sim.

That's the longer version.. I prefer HSFX myself. I might reinstall 46 up to 4.10 just so I can try DBW.. which is another mod pack that is primarily an offline mod pack.

Last edited by Bearcat; 02-03-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Registered Member

I use both UP3 and HSFX and enjoy them both. I'm finding that most new content, i.e. new aircraft, DBW, DBW 1916, etc, is built for UP3 and the ability to create moving dogfight maps (MDS), makes for great gameplay on my squad's server.

On the other hand, HSFX's ability to be installed over 4.11 gives you the improved ai and waypoint actions in the FMB. Also, most of the servers that allow mods on Hyperlobby use HSFX.

In the end, if you have the hd space, and you don't mind doing the occasional tweaking to make them behave, I would suggest you use both.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:03 AM
Approved Member

Really if you can only have one version running make it HSFX 6.
Personally I use both HSFX 6 and DBW 1.7.1
DBW is in the process of being updated for 4.11.
DBW is prettier, with more mods and more flexibility. HSFX has 4.11's AI. Its all a trade off!
UP is pretty much dead thanks to the rigid, concrete nature of Zuti's MDS.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:35 AM
Approved Member

This may sound a bit dim but does anyone know if you can still get a downloadable version of IL-2 1946? I have the old DVD version but try as I might I can't get it to run on my new computer.

If it is still available does anyone know where it can be purchased?
Old 12-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewulf View Post
This may sound a bit dim but does anyone know if you can still get a downloadable version of IL-2 1946? I have the old DVD version but try as I might I can't get it to run on my new computer.

I always advise buying from this site: http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/il_2_sturmovik_1946

There is no DRM in this version (unlike Steam and other sites). DRM versions seem to have issues for many players, while non-DRM versions are much easier to deal with.

Aviar
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1
Old 12-09-2012, 12:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewulf View Post

have you run the a.exe of the disk, should install then.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:06 AM
Approved Member

Thanks Aviar and Fruitbat

Um... i don't really know what you mean by "have you run the a.exe on the disk". I just put the thing in the disk drive and it just starts to make a clattering sound. Nothing else happens. No prompts, no nothing.

Very frustrating.