Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 04-05-2012, 05:32 AM
Registered Member

Default a question regarding stealth

hi all, just picked this game up. very fun game. but i'm tired of having my mothership shot at. so i picked up a stalker stealth system. took out my hull repper system for it. if I managed to find another one, would that basically make my ship all but invisible to enemies?
Old 04-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Registered Member

is there a wiki where i can find answers to such questions?
Old 04-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Approved Member

In some cases, if u have two systems of for example, fire rate booster or speed booster, it doubles those abilities or if u have 3 of the same boosters, then it triples the ability(speed or fire rate of guns) but for shadow abilities it doesn`t, I tried with my fighters, gave them two Ghost systems which should give me 160% invisibility, but stil enemies can see me and try to kick my ass. Altough, I haven`t tried shadowing my mothership, but i think it doesn`t double the efect.

P.S:I just tried to put two stalker systems on my mothership and it gave effect as it is just one system onboard so no luck with making mothership totaly invisible, enemies blasted me out of the sky.

Last edited by Zekito; 04-06-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Approved Member

IIRC stealth reduce the range which is needed to detect/see a certain ship. Mothership "signature" is so big that stealth modules are really useless but if you put 4 stealth modules on a fighter you'll be able to kill every enemy ship without being noticed. It's not fun at all cause it makes the game f@cking easy (especially when you use missiles/torpedoes).
Old 04-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Registered Member

sorry, haven't gotten very far into the game. Just getting the...erm...ship the watchmaker tells you about.

How can you put 4 stealth modules onto every ship? don't all ships only have 3 module areas?

also, is there a wiki where all this information can be found?
Old 05-16-2012, 12:56 PM
Trucidation

Really late reply here, but no, some ships have room for 4 modules. If I'm not mistaken though 3 of the best stealth modules should be enough to render most fighters undetectable.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:16 PM
Approved Member

Yea 3 modules are working very well, 2 best modules works too, but sometimes you will get some hit. But only for fighter.

At MS is not working as MS signature is too big to hide.