Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 10-19-2011, 04:33 PM
Registered Member

Default star wolves on steam

Ok im sure this has been asked alot but im in the middle of agueing with steam. Install the game fine load it up but wen i try to play a file magicly dissapers and i cant shoot guns/turrets at ships they so i exit vaidate it the files comes back. Play file goes etc they are saying thisinst there fault yet i cant see how its the devlopers fault iv tried everthing reinstalling steam etc all the fixes ppl put up on the fourms im running windows 7 if that helps.

thanks in advance
Old 10-20-2011, 01:21 AM
Trucidation

Steam's wonky like that. There's really nothing we can do on this end, hope Steam support comes through for you.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:23 AM
Registered Member

ye steam is pretty admant that its 1c's fault saying i need to get them to sort it iv already msg them bk saying that it works on w7 wen a disk is used just not wen its installed by steam i was looking forward to playing it as well and i dout steam will refund or evan store credit for something that is obv there clients fault.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:50 AM
Registered Member

that is no win7 prob, is more a graphic driver prob.

on my Laptop (ati mobile card) sw 1 and 2 aren't shooting and 3 works fine. on my desktop (2x GTX480) all three works fine for me. there is just a big graphic card difference.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:35 PM
Trucidation

Dunno about that... my prev laptop also used an ATI card (X1400, yeah it was a pretty crap machine) but the games ran just fine.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:54 PM
Registered Member

ye its not a gfx prob is iv had sw3 run on this comp be4 and i run more gfx complex games fine its defo a win 7/steam conflict they have had me do alsorts
Old 01-28-2012, 08:54 AM
Approved Member

I had same problem sometimes on my ex pc i think it is a cpu problem because when i had this problem just in big battles... on sw1... I had a geforce fx 5200 i think...
Old 04-03-2012, 07:33 AM
Registered Member

Default Ahh, Steam! How I love the...

I had the same Problem. Fixed this by setting Compatibility Mode to "Windows 98" in the Game Executable (Right-Click, Properties, Compatibility). It's usually located in the Game Dir (C:\Program Files\STEAM\Steamapps\common\star wolves"). I'm using Win7 64 Bit Professional, btw.

Works like a charm now!