Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Registered Member

Default P51-D on training mode

I've seen a lot of complaints about this plane try flying against it on training mode it'll run rings around you i just get them zinging past me wish i could fly it as well
Old 09-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadedSteel View Post
I've seen a lot of complaints about this plane try flying against it on training mode it'll run rings around you i just get them zinging past me wish i could fly it as well
come again? dont get what you are saying .. is it good or bad in your eyes ?
Old 09-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Approved Member

I think the reason people are complaining about it's performance is that in the campaign it is wieghed down with bombs or rockets.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Approved Member

I think what he's saying is that when we use the P51 it seems under powered and rather poor (considerably poorer than it should be), yet when you fly AGAINST it (AI controlled P51) then it will run rings round you and out perform you.

Guess were all doing something wrong then...

Im not sure if this is true because ive not flown against one yet other than MP.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOZ_1983 View Post
I think what he's saying is that when we use the P51 it seems under powered and rather poor (considerably poorer than it should be), yet when you fly AGAINST it (AI controlled P51) then it will run rings round you and out perform you.
You just described all video/computer games ever made. The AI will always have unfair advantages. Better turning, climb, no overheating engine (non stop WAP usage), etc etc etc...
Old 09-10-2009, 12:42 AM
Approved Member

fly it online and then fly it in campaigne and then come back and post!
Old 09-10-2009, 02:03 AM
Approved Member

Well I'm doing the campaign now, Battle of The Bulge, and I can say that I'm hating the P-51. It's ok for ground attacks, but I can't stand it in a dogfight. I'm even considering doing the level on arcade, it's pissing me off so much. I really just want to get to the single missions anyway, to unlock some really cool planes.

But the one thing I did like about the P-51, was the cockpit. I really liked it because it was so spacious and you could see a lot, unlike some of the planes especially the soviet ones, where you can't see anything.

The Ironic thing here is that's not even the P-51's real cockpit in the game.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattd27 View Post
But the one thing I did like about the P-47, was the cockpit. I really liked it because it was so spacious and you could see a lot, unlike some of the planes especially the soviet ones, where you can't see anything.
Fixed! LOL
Old 09-10-2009, 05:04 AM
Registered Member

It could just be me, but for some reason, it feels like the P-51D's top speed is faster in Training missions, than in the MP modes. Is it supposed to be like that?
Old 09-10-2009, 09:11 AM
Approved Member

The 1st mission in Battle of Bulge is a total nightmare using the P51, trying to dogfight on the way to meet up with the bombers its just impossible, the P51 just wont turn hard enough, always trying to stall. I have turned down the sensitivity and have no problems with other aircraft in the game at all.

I am also consiering doing the mission on arcade just to get the P51 out of the way, its such a dog to fly.