Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > NecroVisioN > Walkthrough

Walkthrough Hints and solutions (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 06-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Registered Member

Default Fourth Shadowhand mode?

Hi, I won the Serious Unlce Sam challenge (finally - I almost went crazy because there weren't enough enemies' spawning the first time and I achieved like 492 kills).

From what I understand the reward should be a fourth mode for the shadowhand. But no matter if I continue the campaign or replay a previous level, I only have three modes. Did I missunderstand the meaning of the reward? Or has something gone wrong? Or is it just a special attack for a fourth mode that I somehow missed? Please tell me. This is really driving me nuts.

I'm playing the Polish release on version 1.1 in English language (at least I hope it's 1.1 - there's been some problems because I applied the wrong patches first <.<).
Old 06-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Approved Member

1-Did you use cheat codes? (using cheats preent you from getting any reward)
2-Sometimes there is a bug, and despite you win you don't get any reward (quite rare, but happened to me once)
3-If you win the challenge and after you load a savegame, you won't get the 4th hand until you switch to the next level. Try playing a level in challenge mode to check if the 4th hand is unlocked. (don't worry normally you can the the 4th hand in the campaign)
Old 06-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Approved Member

I've just done a Demon Crusher run and took SUS as soon as it was available to get the 4th mode for Underworld. However, it wasn't there when I started Underworld. If I play Necromancer's Return or replay a level with the ShadowHand, it is available Is that a one-off bug or is that everyone's experience?

EDIT: Whoops! Sorry, Gniarf. Just re-read your post. You obviously did have it for Underworld. Must have been a bug for me.

Last edited by AncientMariner; 06-17-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gniarf View Post
1-Did you use cheat codes? (using cheats preent you from getting any reward)
2-Sometimes there is a bug, and despite you win you don't get any reward (quite rare, but happened to me once)
3-If you win the challenge and after you load a savegame, you won't get the 4th hand until you switch to the next level. Try playing a level in challenge mode to check if the 4th hand is unlocked. (don't worry normally you can the the 4th hand in the campaign)
1. Not that I know of. I really hate cheats anyway. Well, I once entered "exit" into the console but I guess that won't be seen as cheating. oO Besides - I did receive all other rewards.
2. Well, I guess that's the case.
3. I considered this. I really just played the challenge as soon as it was unlocked and then I tried continuing the story mode or repeating the previous level through the challenge room and in neither case I had the fourth mode. And the challenge room clearly states that I completed the challenge. o.o

I'll just finish the next level in the campaign and see whether the fourth mode becomes available afterwards. Else... I have no idea... perhaps I'll also replay the challenge. Btw: I got like 507 kills and the "Mission Complete" message appeared very fast. Shouldn't I receive the fourth mode already in the SUS-challenge so I can test it on some enemies? Like it was the case in the previous challenges?

Anyhow: Thanks for the answers.