Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Vehicle and Terrain threads

Vehicle and Terrain threads Discussions about environment and vehicles in CoD

Old 07-06-2011, 08:19 AM
machoo

Default Puffs of smoke move too fast

Puffs of smoke when you hit a plane look like it's in fast forward. Is there a way to slow this down in a setting someplace? When you slow motion it down one click using the keyboard button it looks much better
Old 07-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Approved Member

They look fine to me?

Your not making comparisons with airsoft again are you, it's a bit much to expect to be able to slow down individual puffs of smoke, but you could swap your graphics card for an extremely crap one, which will certainly slow the puffs of smoke down.

Last edited by Tiger27; 07-06-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:13 AM
Sternjaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by machoo View Post
Puffs of smoke when you hit a plane look like it's in fast forward. Is there a way to slow this down in a setting someplace? When you slow motion it down one click using the keyboard button it looks much better
..you know what time it is...

Old 07-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Approved Member

The world moves too fast...

Sure it's worth starting a new thread.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Approved Member

Yey, again I've got the 3th reply on the most idiotic topic in the forum!

The smoke particles are not shot backwards you can see that with a static camera and stuff.
Maybe you are not compairing with airsoft this time but with il2 1946.
In il2 there was gasresistency, that was low in il2 1946, that ment that when smoke was emmited by a fast moving aircraft the particles would move with the aircraft a bit, because of that the amount of smoke particles could be lower (the emitfrequency could be lower because the distance between the particles would increase less fast as when the particles immidiatly stood still in the air (this really mattered a lot in amount of particles)). I think this is not the case in COD anymore so the particles move at a more real speed.

Sorry for the bad english.

[edit] O Ataros stole my 3th place .

[edit] maybe the planes move too fast? I'm sure they can fly well at 100km/h with that propwash? Or the trees wave too fast?

[edit]
Quote:
Is there a way to slow this down in a setting someplace?
YES there is a way, you need to go into the game files and find the .eff files for the smoke that is triggered whit fire and tracer hits etc and then lower the GasResist to 0.03 that is what it is in il2 1946. It's probably higher in COD. good luck.

[edit] too make the smoke look less fast you need make it move faster so it moves with the plane.

Last edited by kedrednael; 07-06-2011 at 09:44 AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Approved Member

Google "sarcasm"
Old 07-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger View Post
..you know what time it is...

That is one quality picture and sums up certain threads perfectly, hell even a few of mine have been worthy of said picture, this one definitely is!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Approved Member

machoo, maybe you could provide a list of what else moves in an 'arkward' way (according to you).
Then we could consolidate the 'discussion' in one single thread... which can be closed quickly!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
That's NOTHING !!!
Wing flexure during high G's maneuvers WAS not implemented. HOW to work with gun convergence is beyond me at that moment of development. In the end ... let's HOPE....

nynek

P.S.
FFS People!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynek View Post
That's NOTHING !!!
Wing flexure during high G's maneuvers WAS not implemented. HOW to work with gun convergence is beyond me at that moment of development. In the end ... let's HOPE....

nynek

P.S.
FFS People!!!
I don't understand this post. Could you please elaborate?