Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Red Tide

Men of War: Red Tide Stand-alone expansion to its critically acclaimed RTS Men of War

Old 12-17-2009, 07:33 AM
Approved Member

Washington Times review.
"Anyone looking for a hardcore, realistic WWII simulation will find lots to love here" - states the author.
Full article here.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
PC Game Special review - 81%
Full text (NL) here.
Thanks for posting - I wrote that
Old 12-31-2009, 06:07 AM
Approved Member

Next2games review - 78/100
Full article here.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Approved Member

i realy like this game.I m now on 4th campign,and the game is hard,but so cool.My favorite missons are when you spawn with 4 good russian guys and have to kill 200 germans and 10 tanks.That's so cool,cause its hard.

I will give it 94/100!
Old 02-08-2010, 05:59 AM
Approved Member

2404 review - 8/10
"What the game does – a single-player campaign – it does very well, and if you enjoyed the rich scenarios of previous games in the series you probably own this game already. If you don't, and if you're looking for an entry point into the phenomenon, this is as stellar a place to start as any." - states the author.
Find the full article here.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:56 AM
Approved Member

PC Gamer UK review - 75/100
"Brilliant, unthinking and unfair in equal measure." - states the article.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:15 AM
Approved Member

No multiplayer No Skirmish wft is that about?

Not many games are complete without a mutiplayer option and to have a game like MoW RT is pretty criminal. I'd love to give the game a great review but without a MP its only half a game so I'll give it 5/10 for that reason.

WoW I'm still in shock no multiplayer no Skirmish
Old 04-25-2010, 07:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk View Post
Just right for you is too difficult for casual gamers like me.
with all do respect but this game is not made for casual gamers.

too many casual gamers kill many of the game i love like the commandos series and Blitzkrieg as will as the close combat series to name a few.

so please all you casual gamers play a different type of game and don't kill this series because you want it easier they are so many RTS out there made for casual gamers.

if you find the men of war series to hard please play a different game.

and the thing about no Multiplayer co-op yes i agree why they didn't add co-op for red tide i play 22 mission already,

is would be nice to play co-op with a friend specially you have 22 mission in red tide that would have been fun to have co-op Multiplayer and skirmish.

because red tide don't have Multiplayer and skirmish is will be a forgotten game like Silent Heroes.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:56 PM
Registered Member

Default my take

i only picked this game because i was bored, i said to myself 'pick this up play through it in a day and then go back to playing company, medeival 2 and the other great games' little did i know what was waiting for me. were as many say company of heros is better than this game, i think CP is no match for men of war, if only it had a more user friendly tools an touches.

the amount of work and tought that has been put on this game to provide it with depth and realism is far ahead of anything i've seen before, had this game had a few minor features it'd probably replace cp as the top wwii rts. and i really hope to see the next instalment having these improvment, so as to reduce the liklihood of people finding it too demanding.

so here are a couple of my own ideas:

before i start i'd like to just say MOW was far better than Red Tide because some changes were made in the wrong direction, and since i've completed MOW and am more than half way through RT i'd say that NONE OF THE EXISTING FEATURES SHOULD BE REMOVED.

micro managing units is one of this games strongest points, it is also it's weakest. especially in RT were your men will always run out of ammo. this is a cool feature, and it is realistic. but then try rearming 50 men, in the heat of battle, with little time before the enemies next attack. (i've successfully rearmed large groups of men by slowing the game down and hitting the pause key sevaral times per in game second, and i did not enjoy it, neither will anyone who tries) isnt there another way to make your troops replenish themslves with as few clicks as possiple?

my idea is that there should a new inventory mechanism, for example you equip your lone soldier with 10 med kits, 1 smg, 300 rounds, 4 ap granedes and 4 normal ones, now he is ready for battle. after some time when you wish to rearm him and his comrades, instead of selecting each and then going to a dead body or crate, consider if you could just click save inventory when he was carrying full equipment, then when you want him to replenish you click replenish and the select and area, your man will automatically go to that area and search for what he needs within it's boundries, he will only take a specific item if he has less than the saved amount, and he will only search within the area specified, when finishe he returns to his original position. so you didnt have to click though 10 bodies and 5 crates (some of which you have already looted). a feature like that will cut my mission time by atleast 30min. the same could be applied to tanks, some of the crew will exit go and fetch the right munitions and even feul from nearby disabled enemy tanks. with a saved inventory they will only carry he specified amount so there is enough left to go around. the specific area to loot from will mean your men will not venture into dangerous ground in search of suplies. and you will use the slow time feature less often as it reduces game enjoyment.

the other area this game needs improvement is sound, voice acting is cold and out of context (even terrible), red tide also changed some of the sound effects but again in the wrong direction, the old ones where better.

several important items are also extremely rare in this game, two inperticular, are mine detectors, and barrels in which to store fuel, typically every veihcle should have atleast one (they always did).

ok i'm getting sleepy but i'll probably write a few more points latter.

ps. the people who cocieved and designed this game should be proud of themselves, this is really the best piece of wwii strategy game ever, perhaps better than all modern warfare rts games.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:42 PM
Approved Member

The sound is very horrible in the English version. It would sound much better in the Russian version.

Red Tide is very very hard. There are no such things as mass infantry rush for the marines, there is only sneaking behind enemy lines in the middle of battle, placing dynomite here and there, hijacking tanks. If you play good enough you can lose no troops in almost every mission. Whats funny is that the game is so hard, you won't find a difference in Easy or Hard difficulty.