Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Red Tide

Men of War: Red Tide Stand-alone expansion to its critically acclaimed RTS Men of War

Old 09-14-2009, 09:34 AM
Approved Member

Default Men of War: Red Tide reviews

German game portal Gaming XP published first review of upcoming Red Tide title. The game scored 79/100!
You can find full review in German here.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Approved Member

So does this mean it is now available?
I couldn't tell for sure what language the game was in from that review, the pictures had a crap resolution. Though it did appear to be in English from the looks of a couple of them.

Also it's good to see that boats/ships are going to be under our control Looking forward to this, ran out of missions to play in MoW a while ago and i had to move on to ToW 2.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Approved Member

Red Tide is not available yet, seens the guys made a review based on the press version. But the game is already relesed in Russia and the rating is great (app. 8/10).
Old 09-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Approved Member

That seems to be getting more and more common. Are the saying it's an actual review? My translator may not be all that good and i may of just missed that..
Well atleast it wasn't released world-wide without me knowing.

It's no surprise that it got a good rating though, MoW is great.
Hopefully by the time it's available to the rest of us some of the Russian modders will have some new toys for us to play with.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
German game portal Gaming XP published first review of upcoming Red Tide title. The game scored 79/100!
You can find full review in German here.
''-WW2-Setting''
What kind of crap is that? Then, don't play MoW
Old 09-15-2009, 10:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan (PC writer) View Post
''-WW2-Setting''
What kind of crap is that? Then, don't play MoW
German speaking magazines have a tendency to put this on a negative site, as they feel this is an overdone scenario. However for me it's the same as saying, Need for Speed: Eeek another game with cars!
Old 11-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Registered Member

Default totaly disappointing game

this game could have been as good or better then men of war but does not even come close to it. the game play is so unbalanced that it makes the game annoying to play. I like a hard game but there is no way to use any kind of strategy in this game. You can not flank your enemies in most maps, the enemy has you out numbered by tanks, artillery, mines, mg guns etc. but you only get a few infantry men with very little ammo. so you have to fish around the dead to have a fighting chance. You can not use stealth there are to many enemy around and if you manage to sneak around a tank and blow it up, you will get killed because the enemy always has you surrounded no matter what you do. You have no choice but to fight straight on the enemy every time. this would be ok if you have tanks or even mine locate-tors but you usually get nothing and you can not capture enemy tanks because they always blow up or do not allow you to capture it. so there is no strategy that is doable or fun in this game.

the graphics compared to men of war is terrible the water looks terrible the night mission effect are terrible and the big bold red letters that pop up saying tank damage and so on is way to big. Men of War was, is a fun and great game. why did they change it to this horrible game.

the stories are great and the Russians did not have good fire power at the beginning of the war, But they were much better then this game makes them out to be. make the game fun this should be the most important part of any game and this is not fun. Hope you make more games like men of war style.

i think most people will be disappointed with this game. to bad i was really looking forward to this. Digitalmindsoft is making an expansion based on men of war and if they keep with the same concepts it should be a great addition.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Registered Member

I'll have to sympathise with ^

Why is it, that a game who's data holds seemingly 100's of variations of firearms, tanks, equipment, configurations and units, has an entire expansion pack based on 3 weapons, 5 vehicles, 3 configurations and 2 unit types?
Old 11-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by earphones View Post
this game could have been as good or better then men of war but does not even come close to it. the game play is so unbalanced that it makes the game annoying to play. I like a hard game but there is no way to use any kind of strategy in this game. You can not flank your enemies in most maps, the enemy has you out numbered by tanks, artillery, mines, mg guns etc. but you only get a few infantry men with very little ammo. so you have to fish around the dead to have a fighting chance. You can not use stealth there are to many enemy around and if you manage to sneak around a tank and blow it up, you will get killed because the enemy always has you surrounded no matter what you do. You have no choice but to fight straight on the enemy every time. this would be ok if you have tanks or even mine locate-tors but you usually get nothing and you can not capture enemy tanks because they always blow up or do not allow you to capture it. so there is no strategy that is doable or fun in this game.

the graphics compared to men of war is terrible the water looks terrible the night mission effect are terrible and the big bold red letters that pop up saying tank damage and so on is way to big. Men of War was, is a fun and great game. why did they change it to this horrible game.

the stories are great and the Russians did not have good fire power at the beginning of the war, But they were much better then this game makes them out to be. make the game fun this should be the most important part of any game and this is not fun. Hope you make more games like men of war style.

i think most people will be disappointed with this game. to bad i was really looking forward to this. Digitalmindsoft is making an expansion based on men of war and if they keep with the same concepts it should be a great addition.
You have got to be kidding me, Red Tide is great, its not impossible to beat, infact I've already beat atleast 13 missions. Its got much more intense action sequences, and the graphics are the same as Men of War. If you can't kill 150 enemy soldiers and atleast one tank with one soldier like I can, then I can see why one finds it impossible. For me, nothing is impossible.

Red Tide is excellent in almost everyway, with a few glitches here and there.
Sometimes you start with 40 soldiers with guns and with no ammo.
Sometimes, a dead soldier is found standing up.
Sometimes enemy troops fire for minutes at the spot where one of your soldiers died.

The only thing bad about the game are the glitches, and they will all be fixed in time most likely. The game doesn't have multiplayer but the missions you play are so worth replaying over and over again. Its the best game I have ever played.

Viktor Mikhailovich Korsakov gives it 96/100!

Last edited by Korsakov829; 11-19-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:58 PM
Approved Member

Rock, Paper, Shotgun review
Full text here.