Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Red Tide

Men of War: Red Tide Stand-alone expansion to its critically acclaimed RTS Men of War

Old 01-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Registered Member

Default Having some fun at my expense

Hi Folks,

This post is just for fun.

I wish I had a video of this including my reactions to what happened when playing the "Gun, Grenade, and Bayonet" mission. I play these on hard and generally know what I am doing, but things kinda went wrong on this mission over and over..........

1: During the bombardment and landing I managed to get my two ships into a position I couldn't manuever them out of....
2: Followed by dropping my forces off on the wrong side of the boat and then having them have to swim around to the other side.
3: Followed by having an entire squad blunder past a machine gunner I didn't notice and losing 6 soldiers before running the remaining two to cover.
4: Shockingly, I got past this part despite playing like a boob only to follow it up with this. You get reinforcements including 4 tanks and plenty of infantry to clear out two sections of enemy. This looks pretty simple because you have enough force, good cover, and rocket fire you can call in. Further, you should have had ships available to help bombard....but because of my earlier problems, they were not really available. So, things start off fine and I clear out a couple tanks and knock out two AT guns. Its time to bring the pain with my tanks with good infantry cover. Well, once again, awful play reared its head. I go past a "knocked out" 88mm gun. I hit it with grenades earlier and cleared out the nearby infantry. Of course, it wasn't knocked out. My tanks rumble past the 88, and just like that, 2 Shermans and a Stuart go up before I can take out the gun crew. Now I am in trouble, but figure the now captured 88 will help. I regroup and press forward. Not 30 seconds later the last of my tanks goes up in smoke from another bypassed AT gun. At this point, I decided that I was too stupid to be allowed to play this game! Anyway, I will go back and start over, but sometimes things go a bit wrong.

Engirush
Old 01-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Approved Member

That's one of the things I love about the "OF War" games, you make the decisions. Whether there right or wrong it's up to you. If one thing doesn't work you just try something else. I don't know how many times I've run my guys past a MG nest I didn't see(sometimes twice).