Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:13 AM
Approved Member

First thing's first.
Fix the planes we have now instead of adding more planes, many of which may be over/undermodeled.
P-51B, P-51D (cockpit), Spitfire XVI roll rate, performance of the Fw190, Me 262 maneuverability of the P-51D and P-47 to name a few.

The most important thing in a flight sim is proper graphical and flight model representation.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Sandylowlead

A few things i would change about the game is one the rudder in realistic mode and sim mode is totally retarded its VERY unrealistic. Also fix the p-51d and the folk wolf two of the best fighters in the war but in BOF they handle like fat pigs. Then make it so EVERY plane has a cockpit^^ that is all
Old 11-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandylowlead View Post
A few things i would change about the game is one the rudder in realistic mode and sim mode is totally retarded its VERY unrealistic. Also fix the p-51d and the folk wolf two of the best fighters in the war but in BOF they handle like fat pigs. Then make it so EVERY plane has a cockpit^^ that is all
Actually, I'm not quite sure the rudder is that unrealistic. In fact, I believe it's accurate. The problem is that in a real plane you'd have to use a lot of force to use full rudder output, while on the joystick it's not trouble at all.
The P-51 and some other aircraft (not confirmed which) will be improved. Their fuel quantity wasn't optimal.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcorp View Post
...2- The ps3 is still unable to handle 16 player matches, unless the host has over 100mb connection..... not many people have these outside of japan
actually download speed has little or nothing to do with server performance. What matters is the host's upload speed, which in most games works out to about 60 to 100kbits/s needed for each player. For a 12 player game, a host would need an 896kbit-max upload line, which tends to be around 600 kbits in practice. Most connections are sold on the basis of download speed only, leaving a lot of people with only 256kbit upload, enough for 4 to 6 players, but they don't know it and set the max to 16 anyway. A simple bandwidth tester like most games have would fix that.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Sandylowlead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Seraph View Post
Actually, I'm not quite sure the rudder is that unrealistic. In fact, I believe it's accurate. The problem is that in a real plane you'd have to use a lot of force to use full rudder output, while on the joystick it's not trouble at all.
The P-51 and some other aircraft (not confirmed which) will be improved. Their fuel quantity wasn't optimal.

I'm a pilot IRL and its 100% unrealistic
Old 11-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandylowlead View Post
I'm a pilot IRL and its 100% unrealistic
Yeah, that doesn't really work, me too. I'll believe you in an instant if you say you've flown a WWII plane and say it's unrealistic, but I can imagine fighters needed to be able to use quite a lot of rudder to perform certain manouvers, unlike a 172 or Warrior.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Sandylowlead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Seraph View Post
Yeah, that doesn't really work, me too. I'll believe you in an instant if you say you've flown a WWII plane and say it's unrealistic, but I can imagine fighters needed to be able to use quite a lot of rudder to perform certain manouvers, unlike a 172 or Warrior.
I've been up in a t-6 and it handles far differently then any plane in BOP on realistic/sim mode
Old 11-10-2009, 12:10 AM
Approved Member

Is there any more info about the update yet. I do hope they get it in
before the year ends like they said.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:44 AM
Approved Member

Fix the servers; disconnecting ruins the whole game
Old 11-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Approved Member

hey maybe this is in the patch but it's clear now that there are several planes that can sustain a 10-second turn in simulation, which is about twice as good as any of them could really do... I'm not suggesting you go back and redo the whole engine, but a lot of it could be fixed if there were an online option to disable WEP in games.

One of the biggest reasons for the crazy turns that lose no energy is WEP. Online matches without WEP would be WAAAY more realistic.