Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Approved Member

Default more real effects

2 more things i would like to see. 1. black out. factor in the g-force. once you exceed like 3 Gs the screen starts to go grayscale and if you do not straighten out or slack your stick it will go completely black for X amount of time. this need to be factored into the enemy aircraft as well. G-suits...well back then they were just G-pants werent readily available until mid 44 or later. maybe you can use that as a bonus you have to unlock. once you get them you can withstand more G-s.
2. compressability factors. once you exceed 600 mph the airflow over your wing "gaps" and if you do not slow down...you will have absolutely no control. you can fight it various ways but if you are in too deep....punching out is the only way to survive and that would have been too much fun at that speed either.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:33 AM
Approved Member

Default do the developers realy read these?

how about the lafayette escadrille??? yanks who came to the UK to fight the nazis...yanks who knew where this all was leading to? a mission for them out of respect!
Old 03-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Registered Member

Default Keep up the great work

I enjoy the game that your team has created and play it quite often. It is refreshing to not have to upgrade my computer every time an air combat game is released. The off line mode is excellent. The room for the most improvement in my humble opinion is in the online environment. The suggestions that I would make for a future release would be as follows.

Multiplayer

Fix the lobby to show what games are in progress so that it does not look like the online environment is empty.

In multiplayer mode it would be nice to have more flexibility in creating a scenario. For example: axis vs. allies or host Specified planes that are able to compete against each other with in set parameters. This would allow all planes to be flyable as it stands now planes can be outclassed quickly resulting in players not being able to fly certain planes with the addition of a superior performing planes.

Introduce land able aircraft carriers.

Add flack

Add multiplayer gunner stations on bombers and possibly add antiaircraft or machine gun stations on the ground.

Enable different altitudes (including runway) starts and set spawn points to enable more strategy and to allow different planes the ability to compete from their natural peak performance areas.

Squadron Development

(Adding this feature makes the game personal to the players)

Add the ability to customize the graphics or skins of the planes.

Enable the host of the game to post what the game involves this would promote recruiting rooms for squadrons and would give hosts the ability to tailor games that would be more diverse. It would encourage squadron development by giving more flexibility to online play setup and a sense of community.

Add a chat applet to each lobby room so pilots can decide collectively what kind of game they wish to play.

Add free flight mode for formation practice.

Joystick Improvement

Work on backwards compatibility with all old USB joysticks. Investing in a game is great but reinvesting every time a new disk comes out turns away, many die hard flight simmers.

Make all joystick configurations more compatible and programmable within set parameters. Don’t allow macro settings available but at lease allow the positioning of say the throttle to be added to the throttle slider and not the rudder axis for example.

Thank you for considering the options I have mentioned it is nice to think that a game company wants to improve based on the target audience that they already cater to instead of just producing a product and waiting for compliance.

Others have mentioned adding a pacific campaign I love the idea. Would it be possible to retain the planes we have already earned?

Italian planes would also be a bonus as they created some gems.

I also like the idea of having an engine that can be turned on and off. The more realistic the game Is, the better.

Thanks again for your time.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:45 PM
Approved Member

Default yes to all the above

however a few small suggestion

killable gun positions.... in BoP i can shoot into a il2 rear gun position with no effect.... il2 were known for giving their rear gunners no real protection

More balanced representations of german aircraft... yes they were the baddies but lets not hold it against their machines

non ranked games to made available on ps3 with a kick option for annoying yammering child players

More central server support to cut down on lag switch users in multiplayer online

more aircraft in general would be nice e.g. avro lancaster, tempest, maybe even some of the crazier designs like j7w or do335
Old 03-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Approved Member

Default Wishlist

1.To have the ability to join/make a squadron.
2.More add ons to the game.
3.make the plane how they really perform in real life. (Like the P-51 and P-47)
Old 03-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Registered Member

As mentioned before, I would love to see a German campaign mode like in the PC Wings of Prey add-on. Some more players in the PS3 multiplayer would be nice, because it seems like no one is ever online.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Registered Member

Default Just some food for thought

The great thing about WW2 flight sims are the numerous types of missions and campaigns available. This is an area I think that needs to be explored more and I can understand how someone might get peeved with the repetitive nature of most flight sims changing the scenery but keeping the same mission types. I would like to see a flight sim, hopefully IL-2, bring some variety. For example, include some night fighter missions where you fly mosquitoes or ju-88s using primitive radar to stalk your prey. Or you can fly for RAF Bomber Command or the USAAF 8th AF and make day/night bombing raids. How about a campaign flying for No. 100 Group RAF flying special missions like delivering supplies for the Free French or landing behind enemy lines to drop off/pick up spies. 100 group also dropped window (chaff) and used ECM to try to hide bomber formations heading to Germany. You could fly mosquitoes performing special pin point raids like the famous attack on the pow camp. Of course the mossie also did recce and pathfinder missions. Other missions can focus on coastal command and the hunting of u-boats while protecting convoys. Has there been a game involving the dambusters? How about shooting down V-1 rockets but this time in aircraft capable of the task like the spitfire xiv. Yes I know some aircraft can take shots while in a dive but its variety in missions and their respective aircraft's that make it interesting. Flying a C-47 and dropping paratroops would be cool too. There are just so many possibilities.

Another thing I'd like to see is a more complete campaign. For instance, I think it would be interesting to experience the transition to a new aircraft and this would make for a better way to 'unlock' an aircraft. Keeping historically accurate, a spitfire squadron in 1944 (depending which one) may be transitioning to the P-51D. So you experience going to an operational training unit before being posted with your squadron once again to another part of the battlefield (again keeping historically accurate) to carry on the fight. Of course it may not be your sqn but instead just you the pilot that is transferring because a new squadron is being formed that needs experienced officers, lets say a new sqn operating the Hawker Tempest.

Another thing that I think needs addressing is the mission complete factor. To me it hurts the game having to shoot down all enemy aircraft in a given air space. That is not true to the real experience of air combat in WW2. Whether you (and your flight) shoot down 10 or 2 aircraft should still be a mission success. Anytime you make it back to base or survive a bale out should still be a mission complete. For example, if the sequel should include a night fighter mission, those who use radar and proper stalking techniques may be very successful while others might see no aircraft at all and have to return to base due to low fuel. Both completed the mission and have added to their mission op total.

Realism I guess is what I am after, trying to make the game less predictable. I remember reading accounts of pilots heading into a dogfight with the air full of aircraft in every direction and after 2 minutes of battle finding themselves suddenly alone in a big sky with no one around. Instead enemy aircraft will follow you in a gaggle anywhere on the map. Sure there is ground based radar controllers but come on...

I would also like to see the addition of more aircraft types. As mentioned the Tempest and Mosquito would be cool as would more variants of the spitfire. I would like to see the P-47 as standard and not an add on. The P-38, P-40 (North Africa, CIB), typhoon, etc....etc.... try to be the gran turismo of flight sims. Unlocking aircraft should be through single missions and not multiplayer. The problem with having to shoot down x number of aircraft for this or that is that some people may find this a difficult task. Sometimes there are not enough people online, and in some cases the hosts cancel the game with a minute to go.

Oh and as was already mentioned, make the game more inclusive by choosing squadrons of different nationality. RCAF, RAAF, RNZAF, Czechs, Poles, etc... and show how RAF sqns were mostly mixed bags made up of Commonwealth, Americans, French, Norwegians etc... so your wingmen might have any type of accent.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysocks View Post
how about the Eagle Squadrons??? yanks who came to the UK to fight the nazis...yanks who knew where this all was leading to? a mission for them out of respect!
It was the Eagle Squadrons in England during WW2. The Lafayette Escadrille was WW1, with American volunteer's fighting for the French.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:49 AM
Registered Member

Default Slight Correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Ace View Post
It was the Eagle Squadrons in England during WW2. The Lafayette Escadrille was WW1, with American volunteer's fighting for the French.

Almost right. In WWII it was the "American" Eagle Squadron(s). I think it was the 71st. I have a book on it somewhere that was really good. I'll see if I can find it and post the title here.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk10Raven View Post
Almost right. In WWII it was the "American" Eagle Squadron(s). I think it was the 71st. I have a book on it somewhere that was really good. I'll see if I can find it and post the title here.
Yeah, that's what I obviously meant. I just didn't add "American" because I figured it wasn't needed.