Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 02-20-2021, 12:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra View Post
Thanks for that, interesting read. I had not used so many units - now had fun with Choshas (their item 'Sand Bag' does not seem to give the morale bonus) and Snow Nymphs + Storm Falcons. Have not yet encountered the Ice Dragon, Fungus Thorns, Necrohs, nor weaver.

what is you guys approach to the spider? its health is over 108.000 so a cheeky strategy seems the only way to beat no loss - like ice spikes.

I really do enjoy the game now as Mage. what do you consider the top items to have?

a few small things:
Item Sand Bag for Choshas does not seem to give the morale boost
Spell Vampire the III rd level - it seems like it does not always work as intended, but may be just me.

You can train thorns into Fungus Thorns with the help of the military academies.

Ice spikes/mass summons which can take up the empty cells as soon as possible is a choice to deal with the spider boss. It was always a tough combat for me.

Depending on your build, totally different items can be top-tier imo.

Item Sand Song was partly reworked.

I will test other issues later.

Last edited by zhoudaohan; 02-20-2021 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-20-2021, 12:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clim77 View Post
My son said: "woundn't be nice to add the ability of cast a Gremlin Tower, for Amelie? a tower that fights for Amelie?"

Me: "Wooooooow!"

The mage class is weaker than others. What do you think, zhoudaohan? Is it possibile? Thank you!
Bringing the gremlin tower into combat is an interesting idea. Maybe we can get the help of the gremlins after we defeat the Gremlion boss. I may give it a try in future.
Old 02-20-2021, 12:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVip3r View Post
It seems like I can't use the mod, everytime I launch it after extracting every files where they're supposed to be, my game background turns black, and after trying to create my character, I have an error message. Anyone knows how to make it works?

Make a clean reinstallation of King's Bounty Crossworlds and unpack the 2 parts of my mod into the game folder.
Old 02-20-2021, 12:54 PM
Approved Member

A small new version was released.
Old 02-22-2021, 01:37 PM
Approved Member

It so cool you keep updating the mod. the new ability of cursed ghost is very nicely done and works great.

Sand Song works as intended - not sure if I saw it wrong before..

The +1 extra movement reduction of frozen enemies can be very strong with the right items and army. In my current mage play-through i have this in place, so looking forward to take advantage of it! (i have the item that gives 30% chance to freeze enemy upon hit).

Looking at Assassin, his kills are checked individually. I presume this is where the Red Sands experience system is build on. are you considering adding that at some future stage? Its a pretty cool addition, as you continue to train units.
Old 02-23-2021, 02:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra View Post
It so cool you keep updating the mod. the new ability of cursed ghost is very nicely done and works great.

Sand Song works as intended - not sure if I saw it wrong before..

The +1 extra movement reduction of frozen enemies can be very strong with the right items and army. In my current mage play-through i have this in place, so looking forward to take advantage of it! (i have the item that gives 30% chance to freeze enemy upon hit).

Looking at Assassin, his kills are checked individually. I presume this is where the Red Sands experience system is build on. are you considering adding that at some future stage? Its a pretty cool addition, as you continue to train units.

I had some ideas about the experience system long ago which is a bit different from that of Red Sands. Maybe I'll add it when I have enough time.
Old 02-23-2021, 02:08 PM
Approved Member

Eye of the Storm is finally tweaked.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:24 AM
Approved Member

I'm currently working on the balance instead of new features. If you have any suggestions, don't hesitate.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:29 PM
Approved Member

I'm not enthusiastic about experience for unit.
First, enemy would always have it at most when player would be discouraged of alter their team.
Second, speed increase is fundamentally bad. I know the experience system is not limited to such modification, but it's a be the same thing, it alter philosophical features of units like slow but tanky.
Old 02-28-2021, 02:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saroumana View Post
I'm not enthusiastic about experience for unit.
First, enemy would always have it at most when player would be discouraged of alter their team.
Second, speed increase is fundamentally bad. I know the experience system is not limited to such modification, but it's a be the same thing, it alter philosophical features of units like slow but tanky.

That system needs too many work. In my design, different units have their own upgrade trees. When a troop get promoted, it may even acquire new talents.

I will only consider starting to work on it when I have enough time and resource.