Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 05-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Approved Member

yes i agree with Buhler i would NOT want 350 units i would perfer normal massprodused tanks like the T 34 and Shermann i just dont like the idea of 40-50 differnt units in one map even on mulitiplayer
Old 05-31-2009, 12:00 PM
Approved Member

This game needs only highly detailed geometry on tanks and infantry like theatre of war nothing else. Please make it more detailed... Specialy heavy tanks like King Tiger.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haorant View Post
yes i agree with Buhler i would NOT want 350 units i would perfer normal massprodused tanks like the T 34 and Shermann i just dont like the idea of 40-50 differnt units in one map even on mulitiplayer
Well that point is blown away straight off,as in MOW they have the 'Elephant',of which there were only 48 in the whole of ww2,89 ferdinand's were made & used in kursk,but the surviving 48 were refitted,renamed elephants & all sent to italy,also the game includes the stug iv of which 1100 were made,but dosnt include the stug iii's of which 7800 were made,also admitedly only in single player or mods,they have the Karl Mortors,of which only 7 were ever built.

Also i spotted a historical mistake in the game,the jagdpanzer iv in the game is actually the jagdpanzer iv/70 (v),as the jagdpanzer iv was armed with a 7.5cm Pak 39 L/48 gun,not the gun mentioned in the game specs namely the kwk L/42,which was the gun for the jagdpanzer iv/70 (v). Also the Panther was armed with a kwk L/70 gun not a kwk L/42.Infact lol checking my book 'Standard Catalog of German Military Vehicles',i think you have got most of the gun's on the tanks & SPG's wrong.Who did Best Way's research lol.

Also 206 of the included panzer iv E were made,1,400 panzer iv G's & 2279 of the included panzer iv H's were also included,yet the not included in the game panzer iv J's were the most mass produced of all the panzer iv tanks with almost 3000 being built right up to the end of the war.

My point being here is not to give you a history lesson,but to show you that all games makers dont just add tanks just cos they were the most mass produced but sometimes for variation & balance reasons to,oh & also to be abit different from other games & games makers aswell.

Last edited by Morgoth; 06-05-2009 at 01:30 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:07 AM
Approved Member

I wouldn't mind if the game included every variant of every tank that fought in WW2, along with some kind of guide that tells u which is best for which job, eg it could give armour thickness, speed and power /10 or as a percentage. And this would be found from the main menu, not just in the multiplyer game.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:24 AM
Approved Member

Yeah would be really nice with a Units Wikipedia in game or on a webbsite.

Still you always learn alot just by playing.