Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAF_FB_Orville View Post
It has nothing to do with turning anything into a 'superplane-sissyfire' (lol) at all. Your own post indicates that would not be the case anyway, and this is true. The salient point is that of historical veracity for all sides both blue and red.

This is important in something claiming to be a sim and representing the state of play in the BoB, I'm sure you'll agree. I actually fly blue more often than red these days, and have no favourites (unlike you Flanker mate I must say hehehe ) I continually ask about correct blue performance in game also. Again, 'sides' have nothing to do with it and are neither here nor there.

So, we can hope that all aircraft receive their correct performances etc and everyone's happy.....Even the Luftwaffler-MoanerSchmitt crowd too (LOL! I jest of course. That will never happen! )
Very well said +1
Old 03-04-2012, 03:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
It does make sense of the big performance increase if they have managed to get DX11 working though, and Luthier said some time back that he had a big surprise for us, this could well be it.
we already had the surprise, it was the controllable ground vehicles being added

for most long term il2 fans that is great news, for you however it is just another reason to complain

note: most here also know that this new feature is NOT instead of fixing the other issues, like gfx engine performance, or working on the main bug fixes that need to be address
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children
Old 03-04-2012, 05:15 AM
Approved Member

Good that most of the people here have you to speak for them.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.. ..
Old 03-04-2012, 05:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWMV View Post
Good that most of the people here have you to speak for them.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.. ..
which part did you find confusing ?
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children
Old 03-04-2012, 06:21 AM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
we already had the surprise, it was the controllable ground vehicles being added

for most long term il2 fans that is great news, for you however it is just another reason to complain

note: most here also know that this new feature is NOT instead of fixing the other issues, like gfx engine performance, or working on the main bug fixes that need to be address
I haven't complained about ground vehicles, i think its great because it means they have fixed tree collision I mean you wouldn't have drivable vehicles that could drive through trees would you? You must be confusing me with someone else zap,

Last edited by Tree_UK; 03-04-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:08 AM
machoo

Quote:
I haven't complained about ground vehicles, i think its great because it means they have fixed tree collisionm I mean you wouldn't have drivable vehicles that could drive through trees would you? You must be confusing me with someone else zap,

I bet the people doing the ground vehicles have read that and just gone "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFU....... trees! , we never thought about the trees!!!!"
Received Infraction
Old 03-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
which part did you find confusing ?
Only the part where you took it upon yourself to explain how most of the IL2 community feels about the vehicle debacle. Did you take a poll? I'm sure most of us weren't aware that you knew our opinions.

As a long term player of IL2 (10 years now) I'm more than mildly disgusted. Both at the glacial pace of fixes for the sim in question and at the blinder wearing sycophants that believe they know best and/or that all is well. The complaints against the sim are now well known so I wont repeat them here, only to say that its broken.

I really do have high hopes for the sim, FLIGHT sim that is.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Only the part where you took it upon yourself to explain how most of the IL2 community feels about the vehicle debacle.
you sound a bit confused, let me make a slight clarification

Quote:
It does make sense of the big performance increase if they have managed to get DX11 working though, and Luthier said some time back that he had a big surprise for us, this could well be it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista
]we already had the surprise, it was the controllable ground vehicles being added

note: most informed people here also know that this new feature is NOT instead of fixing the other issues, like gfx engine performance, or working on the main bug fixes that need to be address
hope that helps !

Quote:
As a long term player of IL2 (10 years now) I'm more than mildly disgusted. Both at the glacial pace of fixes for the sim in question and at the blinder wearing sycophants that believe they know best and/or that all is well. The complaints against the sim are now well known so I wont repeat them here, only to say that its broken.
I really do have high hopes for the sim, FLIGHT sim that is.
more confusion from you ! the content of your ranting has anything to do with the subject of my previous post, or the purpose of this thread. having a bad day or not sure how forums work maybe ? you might find it helpful to look at the title threads before you post
Old 03-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
i think its great because it means they have fixed tree collision I mean you wouldn't have drivable vehicles that could drive through trees would you?
I will LOL tree, you will say ffffuuuuuuu.
This is the new MG, a bit like the New Labour ..."We're commited to reducing unsustainable levels of immigration"... nearly 5 million people later.

You will have ghost trees for ever.

Last edited by DroopSnoot; 03-04-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
... I mean you wouldn't have drivable vehicles that could drive through trees would you? ...
I mean you wouldn't have planes that could fly through trees would you?
Closed Thread