Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Units, artifacts and armor-bearers

Units, artifacts and armor-bearers Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts and armor-bearers.

Old 10-02-2010, 04:26 AM
Registered Member

Smile Royal Griffins

Can someone please help? Other than the barbarian Ship on Verona, is there somewhere else I can buy Royal Griffins. Thanks.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Approved Member

It's random, sorry...
Old 10-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Approved Member

Welcome to the forums!

If you're really desperate, there's a utility called "KBScanner" floating around somewhere that can scan your games and create a text file as output telling you what items and creatures are available where. Then you just search that file for "Royal Griffin".

Alternatively, if you have even 1 royal griffin left from that ship on Verona and know the Sacrifice spell... when you cast Sacrifice and use it to "heal" a unit, it can raise that unit above it's pre-battle total (so you can actually create new royal griffins that way). Just use an infinite-mana trick, resurrection to restore the stack you're using as fuel for sacrifice, and sacrifice until you have all the royal griffins you want... although I warn you it could take a while.

I think you can get them randomly from Griffin Eggs if you're lucky, although I'm not sure about that. Griffin Eggs are just lying around, and you probably have a few already in your inventory if you've cleared most of Verona.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroonMaurader View Post
I think you can get them randomly from Griffin Eggs if you're lucky, although I'm not sure about that. Griffin Eggs are just lying around, and you probably have a few already in your inventory if you've cleared most of Verona.
Nope, I checked the files and Griffin Eggs only generate regular griffins, one per egg used.

If you want to ensure that you always have royal griffins in your game, you can easily modify two text files: item_monster (change Griffin Egg to generate "griffin2" instead of "griffin") and hero (add "griffin_egg=100" immediately below "picture_inspirit=1"). Place the files in your Mod folder and start a new game. Your hero will begin with 100 griffin eggs, each of which will generate one royal griffin.

Your choice whether or not you consider this a "mod" or a "cheat".