Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 12-24-2009, 12:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haitch40 View Post
ok so your going in the navy then?
Navies have planes, too, slick - including the 19-1 K/D F6F Hellcat, for example.

Also, von Richthofen would wipe the floor with you in any equal airplane fight. Maybe if you took your sissy F-22 and he took his Dr.1, you'd have a shot. Then again, he'd know his plane better than you would yours.

I agree. Wouldn't want to get in a 1v1 with any ace. I'd rather live to fight another day. I'd learn from every ace that I could, but I'd take shooting up a lame duck any day over going to the merge with a killer.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbtstr View Post
Navies have planes, too, slick - including the 19-1 K/D F6F Hellcat, for example.

Also, von Richthofen would wipe the floor with you in any equal airplane fight. Maybe if you took your sissy F-22 and he took his Dr.1, you'd have a shot. Then again, he'd know his plane better than you would yours.

I agree. Wouldn't want to get in a 1v1 with any ace. I'd rather live to fight another day. I'd learn from every ace that I could, but I'd take shooting up a lame duck any day over going to the merge with a killer.
ok thanks for the flaming
btw i said both me and von Richthofen in f22's and i know the navy had planes
Old 12-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbtstr View Post

Funny thing, that was Richthofen's philosophy too. He "lived to fight another day" more often than he fought. That's why he survived to make 82 victories. He wouldn't engage unless he had a decisive advantage.

Best way to avoid a fight with Richthofen would be to find out how Rene Fonck or Billy Bishop painted their planes, and paint yours exactly like it and bring along about 10 wingmen. The Red Baron would generally keep his distance, unless he had 20 planes with him, in which case he'd attack and slaughter you all. Fortunately you can see 20 planes from far away.

Richthofen was killed when Germany was desperate and he had to take on riskier missions. He had also had a head injury from being shot down before, which might have affected his judgement, because he was killed flying low over enemy territory and hit by a AA gun
Old 12-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Approved Member

Billy Bishop for me. That guy is my hero.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:07 PM
lost cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOZ_1983 View Post
If i could fly WITH anyone as a wingman then it would have to be -

Erich Hartmann

(bet you didnt expect me to say that )

He claimed never to of had a wingman killed so flying with him would give me extra confidence knowing he was looking out for me as well as i was supposed to looking out for him. I'd be happy for him to get all the kills, it would be a great learning curve.
Same With Saburo Sakai
Old 12-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Approved Member

I'm surprised that no one has asked the question, about what skill level we'd be at? Would we be rookies, or already be veterans, or would we be some high scoring ace ourselves; in both later cases, it would be like Ace v. Ace, and you wouldn't have to really worry too much because you'd both know your plane well enough.

Anyway over thinking time over, my Ace would have to be: Ivan Nikitovich Kozhedub aka "Ivan the Terrible". Highest scoring Soviet Ace of WW2.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haitch40 View Post
me the red barron (forgot his real name) in ww2 planes see how he copes and then put both of us in f22 raptors and see how he does would be interesting
I imagine the latter engagement would result in a draw as both of you were sat on the runway trying to figure out how to perform the take-off procedures on an F-22. At least until he got bored, drew his pistol and shot you lol.

Assuming this is a mock dogfight, I'd choose to go up against anyone with similar flying experience as me in any aircraft we could but fly. The closest matches are always the most enthralling.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:23 PM
Approved Member

I would fight against Giora Epstein in his Nesher.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:32 PM
Approved Member

I wouldn't want to dogfight anyone. I prefer to live and not take anothers life
Old 12-24-2009, 10:42 PM
Approved Member

Ok...

Me and George...

Oh.. Happy Xmas.

Last edited by winny; 12-24-2009 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Added festive greeting.