Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:04 PM
Approved Member

Default What Birds of Prey Should have been

Removed

Last edited by Houndstone Hawk; 02-14-2010 at 01:56 AM.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Approved Member

Yak-7b and LaGG-3!!!! If you could be SOOO kind Houndstone, could you give us a video of the inside of both those planes!? It doesn't have to be fancy, just a little montage of the cockpits or something. I will greatly appreciate it.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Ace View Post
Yak-7b and LaGG-3!!!! If you could be SOOO kind Houndstone, could you give us a video of the inside of both those planes!? It doesn't have to be fancy, just a little montage of the cockpits or something. I will greatly appreciate it.
+1

Also I see that the start of the video says Mustang MkIa. Does this mean the fake P-51B is no more?, along with it's 4 fake machine guns?

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 12-21-2009, 12:28 AM
Approved Member

It looks like WoP is using the BoP engine. If it is, then it's not surprising it has more content as it's standing on BoP's shoulders with added dev time.

That's why I cut BoP a lot of slack. It's their first foray into console gaming, they can't be expected to get everything right first time.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndstone Hawk View Post
After 2 copies & a couple of console sticks, I wasn't going to spend out on the new pc version "Wings of Prey" but after reading that they had included a replay feature along with cockpits for all
Wow thanks for taking the time to show us this Hawk it is appreciated. And might I say that it looks awesome.

Hopefully in the second version they will include everything you stated. We know they have the ability and the gamepad with the right button placements can support things like prop pitch and fuel mixture. But with consoles alot of these publishing companies can make money off of DLC, so lets hope they do things differently the next go around and lets hope they give us some proper DLC this go around.

Last edited by trk29; 12-21-2009 at 01:19 AM.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:46 AM
Approved Member

Yes , I agree also, I have bought this game 4 times now , 360 , ps3, psp, and finally the PC.
I didn't want to buy the Pc version but I finally did. It is amazing. Its what I dreamed the console versions would be back before it came out. I'm really impressed with it so far. If you have a pc that meets the specs then don't wait around, just get it.

DESODE
Old 12-21-2009, 09:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desode View Post
Yes , I agree also, I have bought this game 4 times now , 360 , ps3, psp, and finally the PC.
I didn't want to buy the Pc version but I finally did. It is amazing. Its what I dreamed the console versions would be back before it came out. I'm really impressed with it so far. If you have a pc that meets the specs then don't wait around, just get it.

DESODE
What do you think of the psp version?
Old 12-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Approved Member

so the fatefull question which is better wop or 1946?
Old 12-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haitch40 View Post
I don't own Wings of Prey, but my guess would be 1946 is better. It's lacking in graphics but beats WoP in terms of content and extra features like the mission builder (WoP doesn't have one, right?).
Old 12-21-2009, 02:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haitch40 View Post
1946without a moments hesitation!!!

Yes Wings of Prey is very good & its clearly head & shoulders over Birds of Prey but 1946 has absolutely everything the pc WWII aviation enthusiast could ever dream of. It's had years of fine tuning & additions & Wings of Prey is a step in the right direction; a worthy 1st attempt indeed. Wings of Prey does NOT have a mission builder although I read somewhere that there are plans to include one in a future patch. There is still the track replay facility. WoP has a very crude replay in place but my video will show that there is no player drop cameras, known as static cameras in IL-2 Sturmovik, no simple flyby view (found in almost any flightsim, even Ace Combat) & certainly no multitude of views to be found, like in Sturmovik (external friendly padlock view, ground target view etc) & ofcourse Bomber aircraft are still highly, out of place, arcade beasts with no interior, no gun stations or bombadier stations; but it is pointed in the right direction. I've been very impressed with the P-51, P-47, 109, FW, 262, Komet, 110, M.C. 202, Yak-7, LaGG & Stuka Cockpits & it's highly playable. And now multiple perepherals & Track IR are recognised, I can instantly fly the P-51 once again, with no stall-outs every half second. I also don't need to mention the graphics as that was always BoP's strong point anyway.

Very pleased but, like many others here have found, it's taken about 3 or 4 purchases of this franchise to get here.

For those asking, I will post a LaGG-3 35 Cockpit video on this thread later tonight & will follow up with the Yak-7b.

Last edited by Houndstone Hawk; 12-21-2009 at 03:20 PM.