Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Approved Member

Talking War Humor.

This might be a bit off topic? but this deserves a place....

War is a terible thing. but thankfully, the Soldier, Pilot, or Tanker on the Battlefield has allway's time to Joke around with his Buddies. Now, sinds we're Born after the end of the second World war, I can't inmagine everyone's Favorite moment in a War Movie. that might be 'Allo Allo ' or even " are you being served"? I'll start this topic with my most recent favorite war movie,

It's called '' The Lost Batalion'' from 2004 and this is the second part when new recruits arrive at the front. inmagine your self this: Your from the Mid-West of the United States and you've never known anything else then working on the farm? suddenly you're stuck with 2 Guy's from New York, who seen allot of combat. they tell you what what is and how to survive? and this is what ends up? New Yorkers on the Front line; Fantastic!

the time is 00:00 - 02:35. check it out!
Old 10-10-2009, 04:11 AM
Approved Member

Yep. Humor, albeit often dark humor, is what helped those soldiers stay sane.

I know that shortly after the first Fw-190's began showing up and started terrorizing American bomber formations, someone put a poster up at one of the bomber bases that read "Who's afraid of the new Focke-wulf?"

Soon after that poster went up, one of the gunners tacked a piece of paper up to the bottom that read "Sign here". Most of the other pilots and gunners signed up.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Approved Member

Nice to know smeone besides me has seen that movie.