Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis

Cryostasis First-person shooter meets survival horror set on a frozen Soviet ice-breaker trapped in the ice on the North Pole.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenGun View Post
Thank you I do like the look of this game and wil proably buy it once steam changes it's site.
It is really worth it. Cryostasis is a very good game with great story and environment. I play the game with GTX280, using PhysX-patch and all settings nearly maxed out. Because it only uses 1 core of cpu fully it is not a performance-monster, but it does well for the gameplay.

I highly recommend this game.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:07 PM
PenGun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
I fully understand you. We already informed STEAM that they have mistakes in the system specs. It should be updated ASAP.
They have changed the OS requirements but the long list of incompatible cards, mine included, is still there.

Something is weird here ... whiskey tango foxtrot ... eh'. You have not done the steam product at all well.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Approved Member

If you look at http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_cr...downloads.html the recommendet gpu for the physx-version of the game is a gtx260...
Old 03-05-2010, 08:30 PM
PenGun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven_II View Post
If you look at http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_cr...downloads.html the recommendet gpu for the physx-version of the game is a gtx260...
I believe you. The problem is if I buy from steam and it does not work I have no recourse. They have said my card is not supported. They have no responsibility after that disclaimer. I would be a fool to pay them at this point.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:29 AM
PenGun

So let me ask some questions.

Did anyone from 1C even look at the steam website? Have you looked at it lately?

Do you see the massive list of probably not supported cards?

Did it occur to anyone to even look at the steam site after you got them to change the OS requirements?

How long did the steam site have the OS requirements wrong?

Did you expect to actually sell your game on steam?

Why is there still no PhysX?

Why have several people not been fired? Assuming they have not been.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Approved Member

Steam changed the system settings ("Windows® XP SP3, Vista SP1, XP/Vista 64-Bit with a GeForce 260") and all listed cards are supported, here is the original sys specs, used by Steam with one small but very essential mistake: http://www.aspyr.com/product/game_specs/107
Old 03-09-2010, 09:39 AM
PenGun

Quote:
Steam changed the system settings ("Windows® XP SP3, Vista SP1, XP/Vista 64-Bit with a GeForce 260") and all listed cards are supported, here is the original sys specs, used by Steam with one small but very essential mistake: http://www.aspyr.com/product/game_specs/107
indeed, but why would there be a mention of "Men of War" in a Cryostasis info? That one also states:

This product does not support Windows 95/98/ME/2000/NT or XP x64/Vista x64.

The steam version:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/7850/

States that:

"Some 3D accelerator cards with the chipset listed here may not be compatible with the 3D acceleration features utilized by Cryostasis."

Which actually makes sense as this is an info for Cryostasis.

I don't know what to say. This all appears to be too complicated for you. Perhaps you should hire someone.

I will buy the game if you can get the steam site right. Maybe try to fix the aspyr site too.

OK I,ve been to the gameagent site and can see what has happened .

Last edited by Sneaksie; 03-11-2010 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Obscene language
Old 03-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Approved Member

The PhysX patch is now available for Steam users.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
The game supports 64-bit systems, the problems with these systems were caused by the drivers if not mistaken.
I took a look at the steamsite of cryostasis.
On german info-page there is clearly stated that its NOT supporting x64-Systems. Also there is stated that nearly every existing graphics-chipset is non supportet. Think its the same problem as with us/uk-infosite.

So there should be a update to this pages on steam too, i think there are many people out there who haven't bought it because of this wrong informations.

I have the boxed (uk) version of the game and there is no word that it won't work on x64, also i played through the whole game 1st time vista-x64 (unpatched game) and 2nd time in 7-x64 (physx-patch) and there are no problems.

1. marked point: NO support for these operating-systems:
2. marked point: NOT working with these graphic-chipsets:

Last edited by Unforgiven_II; 03-09-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:52 PM
PenGun

You did manage to get the OS requirements changed. Don't give up, get the rest right too.