Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:15 AM
Approved Member

Default Bailing out

Is there (or will there be) any way to turn off the automatic bailing out? I friggin' hate that.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimatay View Post
Is there (or will there be) any way to turn off the automatic bailing out? I friggin' hate that.
probably not although i could fly a plane with half a wing missing (just)
Old 08-25-2009, 12:03 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, I've landed some real train wrecks before, and that's on a carrier! I suppose because of the reasonably limited damage model, it only forces you to bail out when it's certain you won't make it far.

To be honest, people seem to bail out pretty quickly. I swear most of the bomber crews crowd round the door when they see me coming. They're out in seconds! lol
Old 08-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PF_Lizard View Post
Yeah, I've landed some real train wrecks before, and that's on a carrier! I suppose because of the reasonably limited damage model, it only forces you to bail out when it's certain you won't make it far.

To be honest, people seem to bail out pretty quickly. I swear most of the bomber crews crowd round the door when they see me coming. They're out in seconds! lol
lol there may even be a fight for first jump rights
Old 08-25-2009, 06:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

Hehe That reminds me of the Dogfights episode where the pilot of a B-24 went back to the bomb bay to bail out only to find that his copilot had freaked out and not jumped yet. The pilot just booted him out of the plane!
Old 08-25-2009, 09:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger7 View Post
Hehe That reminds me of the Dogfights episode where the pilot of a B-24 went back to the bomb bay to bail out only to find that his copilot had freaked out and not jumped yet. The pilot just booted him out of the plane!
yeah thats the kamikaze german episode scarred the crap out me
Old 08-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger7 View Post
Ha, I remember that one. He said the copilot didn't jump because he couldn't see the ground lol.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Approved Member

That Dogfights programme sounds good. It's not available on UK iTunes though, and I don't have Sky (History Channel) anymore
Old 08-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Approved Member

I want to be able to kill bailed-out enemies.

I want to be able to mash them with my prop, or snag their lines with my wings and rip their chutes with gunfire.

I really hope they make this happen in the full game, but very much doubt they will, also i think it would give the game a 18 rating
Old 08-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
That Dogfights programme sounds good. It's not available on UK iTunes though, and I don't have Sky (History Channel) anymore
Try YouTube.