Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > NecroVisioN > Technical issues

Old 05-27-2009, 07:35 AM
Registered Member

Loving the game but man this really gets to my eyes after a while.

It looks like the original "take damage" blur effect from Painkiller, but it just fails to dissapear and sits there for as long as 30 seconds, making it very difficult to see anything at medium to long range. Then, the effect just vanishes, it doesn't fade away, it looks like a reset to normal state.

I'll try running the game as administrator, but I'm on Vista and have UAC disabled, so I doubt this is the problem. I have FRAPS installed aswell, I'll try exiting it before playing and see if that helps.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:46 AM
Approved Member

The blurring effect occurs in two situations.

When you have the Motion Effects turned on and you move the details will blur.

Even when this is turned off, you will experience a blurring effect when dealing sustained damage to enemies, especially when chaining combos together. The more combos you use, the longer the effect will last. It is supposed to represent your rage - the higher the rage, the longer the effect.

I've found it a little disorientating too. It's only after you've reached Fury Level 26, your vision clears, and you notice that ALL your enemies' torn body parts are scattered across half the level that you appreciate what the higher Fury Levels can do
Old 05-27-2009, 07:55 AM
Registered Member

The blurring effect I think most of us are talking about isn't from motion blur/rage.

This is a severe blur, blinding at times. I'm almost positive that its triggered from taking melee damage (which is fine, Painkiller did the same thing), but it just seems to linger for like 30 seconds.

Depending on the situation, sometimes I end up just having to hide away till the effect wears off since its impossible to see where the heck I'm being shot from.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:02 AM
Approved Member

OK, that's different.

I experienced this after I installed GameCam. The graphics were blurred. I ran the game as Administrator and they disappeared. Problem was that my profile disappeared too - so if you do this, copy your profile to the appropriate location.

I'm running it on Vista with the dx10 switch.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:36 AM
Registered Member

Problem solved by launching with +dx10 and putting the 9.2 ati driver dll in the necrovision bin folder.

It was either the 9.5 Catalyst drivers causing the problem, or DX9.