Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fantasy Wars

Fantasy Wars Turn-based strategy. Gather an army, upgrade units, study magic spells, participate in castle sieges and assaults to destroy the great Orc Ugraum’s horde.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Approved Member

Default Is there a way to edit the campaign?

I find the campaign fairly hard at later stages even in "Easy" version, and I am wondering if there is a way to edit it.

Also, is there a way to edit units?

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBarca View Post
I find the campaign fairly hard at later stages even in "Easy" version, and I am wondering if there is a way to edit it.
You can edit the scenarios in the campaign folder. Of course, when the editor will work for you

Quote:
Also, is there a way to edit units?
Everything is stored in plain XML files (and some CSV/ODF XML), so you can alter the stats of the units, movement rates, perks, artifacts etc. This game is fully moddable

Of course, remember to backup everything before you start editing
Old 04-05-2008, 03:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devean View Post
You can edit the scenarios in the campaign folder. Of course, when the editor will work for you
Ok, the European version seems to work. How do I access the campaign maps? I only see skirmish maps on from the Map Editor.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Approved Member

This might not work, as I do not have the editor I figured it out by looking at the game files structure - was going to try it when the editor for other versions comes out

Go to Data\Levels\Campaigns\, enter one of the campaign folders and copy the scenario you want to edit to Data\Levels\Quick_Mission. Make a backup! When through with editing, copy it back to its original location
Old 04-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
This might not work, as I do not have the editor I figured it out by looking at the game files structure - was going to try it when the editor for other versions comes out

Go to Data\Levels\Campaigns\, enter one of the campaign folders and copy the scenario you want to edit to Data\Levels\Quick_Mission. Make a backup! When through with editing, copy it back to its original location
Yup, each campaign scenario has its own folder. Just copy it to the Quick_Mission folder.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

Thanks, it worked beautifully!
Old 04-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Thanks, it worked beautifully!
You're welcome. Glad to be of help