Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 03-17-2010, 12:21 PM
Approved Member

Well I simply looks cool. Compared to Star Wolf or other MS (even in comparison to Manticore the Lion wins ). And its thin profile means it does not get stucked at docking/undocking.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:37 PM
Approved Member

The Lion is probably the first mothership we get in the Star Wolf series that actually looks something resembling a battleship, with the Star Wolf (and its many children) and Mastiff being just upgraded transports, and the Manticore (the Alex ship line mothership) looks too alien for my tastes. The Astarte I have absolutly no opinion of appearance-wise, it just looks too average and plain to say anything about.

The Lion Prototype you get initially looks kind of off-balance and odd, but I really like the color scheme of it (A lot better than the generic green + MSF logo of the Lion MK2).

The Lion MK2 looks a lot better modelling-wise. It looks like a nice, balanced ship, although it could use more turrets.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Approved Member

I like the Star Wolf. It looks like a mothership meant to spit out fighters.

Just wish it was a little more beefy.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:06 AM
Approved Member

Lion MKII looks pretty, i like the glossy alpha intensity.. looks like a mirror that can reflect all beams.. LOL
Old 03-20-2010, 08:32 AM
Approved Member

Is it possible to remodel ships? Was thinking someone could add a docking bay to a stone turtle for an astarte replacement (asthetics wise, not stat wise)
Old 10-29-2011, 01:29 PM
Approved Member

I personaly like Astarte for cool design and look. I was always sad when I had to abandon Astarte. Those barrel engines, protruding communication antennas dark-blue colors and many light make this ship a somewhat stark appearance that i like. It's shame that Astarte have only 3 turrets and 3 systems and 5 slots in hangar.
I wish see in AoV example Astarte Mk2 with upgreade appearance 2 main caliber, 5 turrets, 5 systems, 6 slots in hangar

Least Favorite for me is original Star Wolf, why? Because as someone write this, he is outdated, but he is classic mothership. Another reason is a little edgy look.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:29 PM
Approved Member

My favorite is Mastiff .... and i hate lion cruise because is ugly i can't understand how it fly..... how is going to right or left.... the design will be batter if he will have two wings something like mastiff .... anyway mastiff is cool....
Old 10-30-2011, 08:54 AM
Approved Member

Least/Favorite in what regard?

I like that the Astarte (which is supposed to be a prototype siegebreaker) looks like a primitive Lion.
I hate its weapon coverage.
It should be decent (3 equally spaced spinal turrets provide 3 overlapping 180 degree fire arcs), but, it, just... Meh.
Also, I'd expect it to be more front-heavy, but then it wouldn't look like a Lion.

The Star Wolf, while out-teched, is awesome.
Nostalgia value, [b]great[/i] fire coverage, looks like a converted cargo vessel.

The Rhadamanta's not too bad, but not as good, imo.

I don't like the Lions. So sue me.

I think the Aliens' ships could use a visual update. Or maybe just a better texture, idk.

The manticore fits the Berserk's visual theme, but as a player ship it's a bit odd.